Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2021, 06:11 AM

15 posts, read 24,456 times

Advertisements

Your experience on eomahaforums is interesting. I guess I haven't noticed that but I don't check out the site more frequently than weekly. One thing I find humorous is the discussions on population and "big buildings". Some of these guys really get a hard-on over those topics. LOL You wanna be in a big city? MOVE to a big city!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2021, 12:01 PM

570 posts, read 546,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Omaha also has the strongest work ethic of any community in which I've lived.

Don't come here if you're looking for a soft life, Snowflakes!
I lived in Omaha years ago, undergraduate from UNO, and although I am from a much larger southeastern city and travelled all over the world, I always loved Omaha. Snowflakes have different priorities than those of us conservative in nature. We like to walk down the streets safely without having to check behind us. You could then in Omaha. The Old Market was small but had enough for the population. I found the people in Omaha to be probably smarter than average, patriotic, good neighbors, and proud of their city as they should. The zoo was very large plus and when clubs and bars closed there was Council Bluffs just across the river. You got two cities for the price of one I am sad to see that the population of democrats has grown to such a high level. I imagine that most live in the northern part of town. Omaha seemed like a model city mostly. When I was at UNO, I drove a school bus as a part-time job and was aware that there were some bad parts of town back then. But, all cities have their sections. I hope that Omaha can successfully keep any huge influx of Snowflakes away until we take over Washington again. I hope to make it back in the near future. Is the Nashville Club still open in Council Bluff? I had some wild nights there.

Old 01-10-2022, 11:40 AM

570 posts, read 546,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchpride View Post
There also was a discussion on eomahaforums awhile back about the future Space Force location. They were all claiming that the only reason Huntsville was chosen was because Trump was doing Alabama a big favor. I made a list of legit reasons why Huntsville was chosen over Omaha and other cities. I guess the moderators didn’t like that either. Funny, but that discussion was quickly deleted with no explanation. It’s the Liberal thing to do. If you don’t like something, you cancel it.
Huntsville is less known that it should be. It is a city of rocket scientists. It is the home of the NASA Space Program. After WWII, the city brought in many German engineers, scientists and technicians. Most were involved in the German V2 missile program. Many joined up with NASA. One was Wernher Van Braun known as the "Greatest Rocket Scientist in history." He developed much of the rocket technology in NAZI German. He became the Director of the Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville. He, with other Huntsville scientists developed the space vehicles that travelled to the moon. The Huntsville scientists are developing the future vehicles for travel to Mars as well as other significant projects.

Huntsville is a city of 215,000 and is home to the Redstone Arsenal (Military base) and Space Camp. It has a population educated well above the national average and well over 20,000 engineers.

Thinking that Space Force moving to Huntsville because of some favor Trump did for the state is insane. Space Camp is a significant national project involving many coordinated factors, i.e., workforce, location, transportation, etc. It isn't like Bojangles moving to town. Omaha is a great place, but some places are more suitable for specialized projects than others for various reasons.

Old 01-10-2022, 12:15 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,982,681 times
Why would you want to move to a conservative city if you are liberal?

Old 09-02-2022, 03:51 PM

4,168 posts, read 2,565,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCB View Post
I totally agree with you. It's sad that on that forum, if you are liberal then you can say anything but if you are middle of the road or to the right you are not liked. So sad.
I agree with both you, and Dutchpride. Can't find his post in order to rep him.

Old 05-19-2023, 11:14 PM

128 posts, read 66,762 times
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ne...d1f25464d&ei=8

It would appear the State legislature is overall quite conservative. So indeed If I were Liberal Nebraska in general wouldn't be a place I'd be seeking. FWIW I agree with your legislature.

Old 05-22-2023, 06:08 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,573,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi Alabama Line View Post
Why would you want to move to a conservative city if you are liberal?
Omaha &Lincoln are hands down Moderate Cities , Tulsa & OKC are Conservatives Cities.

Old 05-23-2023, 02:47 PM

374 posts, read 257,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aredhel View Post
Omaha’s more moderate than liberal.

In practice, most cities that are called "liberal" are quite moderate, at best. "Progressive" may be a term that fits some cities better. That's usually an indicator of it having some of those policies in place. But anyway, that's how things are in a capitalist society.

Old 12-31-2023, 09:00 AM

1,977 posts, read 967,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlove View Post
I a liberal and am very happy in Omaha. I would agree that the further in the suburbs you get the more conservative it gets. However, We've lived in both Mid Town (Dundee neighborhood ) & currently in West Omaha and don't find either to feel politcally oppresive at all.
Yes, unemployment is crazy low and people take pride in their jobs here more so than anywhere else I've lived. I have found housing affordable here, but the market is super competive currently as it is most places.
What do you enjoy most about living in the Omaha area? What do you think could be improved?

Old 12-31-2023, 06:06 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
What do you enjoy most about living in the Omaha area? What do you think could be improved?
The person you're responding to hasn't been active since March 8th.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: