Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 08:40 PM

605 posts, read 1,199,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
If I would have known about this earlier I would have gone.
Its been all over MySpace all week!!! get a myspace account, there is more to come. The Cultural War for gay rights and gay marriage is beginning anew!!!

Those who do not like gay marriage, let's vote on your marriage! Let's see how you like it!!!

Join The Impact

Omaha Gay Village (http://omahagayvillage.ning.com - broken link)

Old 11-15-2008, 09:05 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,786,668 times
Wow, a bunch of freaks in NEBRASKA?
I'm totally used to the Bay Area freaks, but why on EARTH would such a normal place like Nebraska even think about allowing such mutants to roam about, doing to each other what ever it is that they do?
Want to be weird, want to be an immoral violent fascist pervert? Move to San Francisco. Move to Berserk-lee.

PROP 8 WON! GET OVER IT! What the heck do the freaks in Nebraska care anyway? No more road trips to S.F. to have fun? No more screaming wedding bashes where you all dance about covered in sparkles in peg-leg jeans pierced to pieces grabbing each other, high on meth and giggling like pre-teen girls?

Californians (that's TRUE Californians now, not the freak imports...) DON'T WANT so called self-styled "gays" (ie homosexuals) getting "married".....go to Missive-two-chips or Conn-het-I-cut. We should have at least SOME Judeao-Christian institutions remain intact in the U.S. eeeh? Don't ya tink?
I mean, we've ruined the educational system, (just look at your campus) we've ruined the ghetto, dang people what more do you want? Shall we have Dame Edna officiate the Presidential Inauguration? OH BOY! Lets juuust all SCREAM with delight! That would be mmmm so SCRUMPTIOUS sooo DELIGHTFUL SO YUMMY! And all the new fashions....but boiez...better get your pumps now! The size twelves are going FAST! OHHH DEAR!

WT.....

Last edited by Happy Cells; 11-15-2008 at 09:19 PM..

Old 11-15-2008, 10:07 PM

516 posts, read 1,338,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post
I'm totally used to the Bay Area freaks, but why on EARTH would such a normal place like Nebraska even think about allowing such mutants to roam about, doing to each other what ever it is that they do?
Want to be weird, want to be an immoral violent fascist pervert? Move to San Francisco. Move to Berserk-lee.

PROP 8 WON! GET OVER IT! What the heck do the freaks in Nebraska care anyway? No more road trips to S.F. to have fun? No more screaming wedding bashes where you all dance about covered in sparkles in peg-leg jeans pierced to pieces grabbing each other, high on meth and giggling like pre-teen girls?

Californians (that's TRUE Californians now, not the freak imports...) DON'T WANT so called self-styled "gays" (ie homosexuals) getting "married".....go to Missive-two-chips or Conn-het-I-cut. We should have at least SOME Judeao-Christian institutions remain intact in the U.S. eeeh? Don't ya tink?
I mean, we've ruined the educational system, (just look at your campus) we've ruined the ghetto, dang people what more do you want? Shall we have Dame Edna officiate the Presidential Inauguration? OH BOY! Lets juuust all SCREAM with delight! That would be mmmm so SCRUMPTIOUS sooo DELIGHTFUL SO YUMMY! And all the new fashions....but boiez...better get your pumps now! The size twelves are going FAST! OHHH DEAR!

WT.....
Please keep your disturbing hate confined to Orange County in the future please.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:03 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,871,444 times
A little advice to militant Gays: If you want everyone in society to APPROVE of your lifestyle choice it ain't going to happen. I could give a hoot in hell what you and your partner do in the privacy of your home but I don't want to know about it. That applies to both gays and straights. A Civil Union contract recognized by the State is a heckuva improvement over the situation 40 or 50 years ago where to be openly gay was dangerous. All your marches and protests are not helping your cause. If you insist on being a pain in the butt (no pun intended) you are wasting your time.

GL2

Old 11-15-2008, 11:20 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,692,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post

WT.....
What disgusting foolish bigotry. Not Only are you completely and disgustingly stereotyping the Gay people, you are mis representing Christian Values. Whether you accept it or not, we are all under the benevolent and loving watch of God. And if two people of the same sex love each other, than isn't God in there relationship? Because God is love itself. And how about you see what Corinthians says about love, in other words, God.
13:1 If I speak with the languages of men and of angels, but don't have love, I have become sounding brass, or a clanging cymbal.

13:2 If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but don't have love, I am nothing.

13:3 If I dole out all my goods to feed the poor, and if I give my body to be burned, but don't have love, it profits me nothing.

13:4 Love is patient and is kind; love doesn't envy. Love doesn't brag, is not proud,

13:5 doesn't behave itself inappropriately, doesn't seek its own way, is not provoked, takes no account of evil;

13:6 doesn't rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;

13:7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

13:8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will be done away with. Where there are various languages, they will cease. Where there is knowledge, it will be done away with.

13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part;

13:10 but when that which is complete has come, then that which is partial will be done away with.

13:11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I felt as a child, I thought as a child. Now that I have become a man, I have put away childish things.

13:12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I will know fully, even as I was also fully known.

13:13 But now faith, hope, and love remain--these three. The greatest of these is love.

Tell me now, do your words and this chapter go hand in hand? I think not.

Here are the ten Commandments,
1 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me. 2 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments. 3 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain. 4 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it. 5 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you. 6 “You shall not murder. 7 “You shall not commit adultery. 8 “You shall not steal. 9 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. 10 “You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.”
There is absolutely nothing about Homosexuality in there, and no where in the New Testament does Jesus say anything about Homosexuality.

So I have given you my argument against yours, and unless you give me scripture which very clearly condemns Homosexuality, this very well proves that your bigotry against Gays is quite wrong (And even if you find something, this is still disgusting bigotry.)

Old 11-15-2008, 11:21 PM

1,362 posts, read 4,620,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfOmaha View Post
Its been all over MySpace all week!!! get a myspace account, there is more to come. The Cultural War for gay rights and gay marriage is beginning anew!!!

Those who do not like gay marriage, let's vote on your marriage! Let's see how you like it!!!

Join The Impact

Omaha Gay Village (http://omahagayvillage.ning.com - broken link)
I just recently got my home internet back again so I've been out of the loop on some things.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:53 PM

As a gay person myself I find that living here can be a struggle for gays. I'm lucky enough to have friends, co-workers, and some family that accept me for the way I was born and don't judge me or think less of me for something I can't help any more than the color of my skin, height, or any other thing that makes me Me.

As far as the issue of marriage for two same sex people I think that there should be no legal diffrentiation based on gender for two people wanting the legal benefits of marriage. I don't believe there is any secular reason that it shouldn't be allowed since the biggest reasons against same-sex marriage are based upon people religious views. Even though a majority voted against people's rights in CA, the USA is about defending minorities. Years ago it was ok to own slaves in this country and blacks and women couldn't vote. At some point a mojority group thought it was ok, but was it right? No.

I do believe in the future that gays will be allowed to have the legal benefits of marriage. Sadly I don't think it will be without incident just as it wasn't for the blacks in the 60's. I would hope the struggle is more peaceful but people who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

If this country was more accepting of gay people we wouldn't have to worry as much about gay teenagers killing themselves out of fear of rejection for their families and friends. We wouldn't have gay people hiding what they are from the public for fear of hostility or even violence. If people were more accepting of the reality of homosexuality we would have men and women entering marriages and starting families trying to "hide" or "cure" their oreintations only to have it come out later in life and have to deal with a suffering spouse and children.

I'm not surprised by some of the comments from people on here. Your ignorrance really shows. Gunluvver said we want everyone to "approve of our lifestyle choice". As we've seen with this last presidential election, you're never going to change the bigotry in every single person. That said the government should pass laws deliberately made to discriminate agaisnt people.

I would also like to say it's not a "life style choice". The only choice I've made is to be honest with myself and the people I'm close to and not to hide what I am. I've chose not to live in fear but to just live. Live dispite what others may think or do to me. I'm not going to be repressed. I think the more that people are exposed to people that are gay you will see that we are just as friendly, hard working, caring, and trusting people as straight people you know. If we have our parades celebrating our decisions to live out, what should you care. There are 4th of July Parades, Veterans Parades, Thanksgiving Parades, Christmas parades and many other public events for people to come together and show unity or celebration.

One day enough people will get it. Hell, one day even enough people in Nebraska will get it. Until then we need to push for more understanding and acceptance of people of all kinds.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:59 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,072,317 times
that's kind of intolerant, don't you think?

You're trying to tell us how to live. And anyone that disagrees with the idea of gay marriage is labeled a hate monger.

Who is really hating?

Old 11-16-2008, 08:56 AM

605 posts, read 1,199,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post

You're trying to tell us how to live. And anyone that disagrees with the idea of gay marriage is labeled a hate monger.

Who is really hating?
Oh quite YOUR whining. How does gay marriage affect you anyway? The moment the gov't started handing out marriage licenses, marriage became a civil right. Since the constitution says separation of church and state, any couple that wants to marry should be able to get a marriage license. There are reiligions out there that will marry gay couples. And if you don't want to hear about gay marriage, stay out of GAY AND LESBIAN bedrooms. If you don't like gay marriage, don't marry someone of the same sex. Its that simple stupid.

Old 11-16-2008, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post

Who is really hating?

You're told how to live every day. We have tons of laws that make sure people generally stay in line. Gay people wanting the laws to not not discriminate against them is no different than blacks, Hispanics, Chinese, religious, non-religious, or any kind of person not wanting to be discriminated against by the law.

If it was really about protecting the "sanctity" of marriage then we should have all sorts of other stipulations in place. Age limits, maturity levels, financial stability requirements, waiting periods to establish compatability. If it was really about making marriages work it gender of the spouses would be way down the list.

But it's not about protecting anything. No matter how you look at it keeping same-sex couples from having the legal benefits of marriage is wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: