Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 05:03 PM

2,589 posts, read 10,565,734 times

Advertisements

I go with Sortino's - love the pizza.

Only been with Uhaul once - last year, did not have any problem, but it was a simple small trailer...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 05:04 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,392,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfOmaha View Post
Say hi when you walk by then! LOL

As usual, you miss something I say.
Was it the inserting "gay" into a thread where it was completely unnecessary part?

Old 04-21-2009, 08:13 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,698,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerflipper View Post
I figured you out. I'm usually a pretty good judge of character, but I think I've got you figured out now.

You're always being a drama queen. You will do anything for attention. I mean really, who in the right mind stands out in front of a pizza place because of some hear say about employee mistreatment. Don't you embarrass yourself or are you just trying to get people to look at you?
Really? Well I think he's just extreme when it comes to standing up for his beliefs.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:33 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,902,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
Really? Well I think he's just extreme when it comes to standing up for his beliefs.
Modcut- insulting.

If there were more business owners in this forum people would understand a thread like this is simply damaging to local business. Being a business owner is hard enough; we don't need people like surf coming on here telling everyone how bad we are. Those complaints should be logged with the upper management/owners of the businesses. Things happen and things usually happen with minimum wage employees which make up over 70% of the job market.

The biggest hindrance with improving business with those employees is having it reported to the right people. So ***** and complain all you want, you will only limit yourself to select places to do business.

Last edited by GraniteStater; 04-22-2009 at 10:59 AM..

Old 04-21-2009, 11:12 PM

1,181 posts, read 4,014,264 times
Well, the fact of the matter is there are bad businesses. And this is one way in which people can share that information. People who disagree with him can post counter posts saying how great the company or product is.

I for one completely agree with him about Uhaul. And when anyone asks I will always tell them to go to a competitor.

I also don't really see how complaints about one local business hurt local business as a whole. If I don't go to Pizza Shop A, because I hear its bad, then I'm likely to go to Shop B, C, or D. The fact is if A sucks it sucks. If it was an isolated incident then that will be borne out. If its repeated then you'll have posters agreeing with him.

And people on here agreed with him on two of the companies (Zio's and Uhaul). I would also add that while he said he dislikes Zios, others provided alternatives in Sortino's and Papa Murphy's.

If positive press about a company is okay then so is negative press. I guess I just don't see what the problem is.

I don't recall the #'s exactly, but back in my younger days I was a waiter, and I remember always being told that for every customer that refuses to come back there will be 7 more that will follow (because of family, friends, and etc.). Well, this is the way its always been. The way to combat that is to have a good product. The most damaging thing to Zio's is the fact that another person came on here and agreed with him.

I look at the Uhaul case (granted its not local but it could just as well be). I was screwed over twice. He was screwed over once. Why should we stay mum about it? Why shouldn't we tell other consumers? Just so Uhaul can maintain business? What about the consumers right to expect a decent product for his/her money?

Old 04-22-2009, 12:43 AM

605 posts, read 1,199,885 times
Quote:
I figured you out. I'm usually a pretty good judge of character, but I think I've got you figured out now.

You're always being a drama queen. You will do anything for attention. I mean really, who in the right mind stands out in front of a pizza place because of some hear say about employee mistreatment. Don't you embarrass yourself or are you just trying to get people to look at you?
I know first hand that it is not hearsay, because I'm the former employee who had their paycheck withheld over a test I already took twice!!! No one else was being forced to RETAKE it even a second time. This is not the only example of unfair treatment at this establishment. Thank you!!!
I even confronted the owner about this issue, as well as past issues, this past Monday. She would not even talk to me until I threatened to picket her establishment. And even after I said what I had to say she said she didn't care. She said, " It was my word against theirs!" This is why I am picketing. Why should bad businesses get away with breaking or attempting to break the law. A private citizen gets thrown in jail for this. Zio's in the Old Market should be shutdown, and not just for this!!!

***PS: Don't eat at Zio's, they treat their employees like crap!!!

Last edited by SurfOmaha; 04-22-2009 at 02:12 AM..

Old 04-22-2009, 01:11 AM

605 posts, read 1,199,885 times
Quote:
The dudes a baby. Period.

If there were more business owners in this forum people would understand a thread like this is simply damaging to local business. Being a business owner is hard enough; we don't need people like surf coming on here telling everyone how bad we are. Those complaints should be logged with the upper management/owners of the businesses. Things happen and things usually happen with minimum wage employees which make up over 70% of the job market.

The biggest hindrance with improving business with those employees is having it reported to the right people. So ***** and complain all you want, you will only limit yourself to select places to do business.
Why are you complaining anyway? For once I start a thread that is NOT ABOUT GAY!!!!! Yet you still whine!!!!

Old 04-22-2009, 03:06 AM

14,569 posts, read 23,098,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfOmaha View Post
For once I start a thread that is NOT ABOUT GAY
And yet, you still found a way to bring gay into it.

Old 04-22-2009, 07:59 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,652,818 times
Gaygaygaygaygaygaygaygaygaygaygaygaygaygaygaygayga ygaygaygaygaygaygaygaygaygaygaygaygaygaygaygaygayg aygay

Now and only now is 'gay' all over this thread!

Last edited by camping!; 04-22-2009 at 08:20 AM.. Reason: original too snarky for this forum

Old 04-22-2009, 08:01 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,652,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpoulsen View Post
Well, the fact of the matter is there are bad businesses. And this is one way in which people can share that information. People who disagree with him can post counter posts saying how great the company or product is.

I for one completely agree with him about Uhaul. And when anyone asks I will always tell them to go to a competitor.

I also don't really see how complaints about one local business hurt local business as a whole. If I don't go to Pizza Shop A, because I hear its bad, then I'm likely to go to Shop B, C, or D. The fact is if A sucks it sucks. If it was an isolated incident then that will be borne out. If its repeated then you'll have posters agreeing with him.

And people on here agreed with him on two of the companies (Zio's and Uhaul). I would also add that while he said he dislikes Zios, others provided alternatives in Sortino's and Papa Murphy's.

If positive press about a company is okay then so is negative press. I guess I just don't see what the problem is.

I don't recall the #'s exactly, but back in my younger days I was a waiter, and I remember always being told that for every customer that refuses to come back there will be 7 more that will follow (because of family, friends, and etc.). Well, this is the way its always been. The way to combat that is to have a good product. The most damaging thing to Zio's is the fact that another person came on here and agreed with him.

I look at the Uhaul case (granted its not local but it could just as well be). I was screwed over twice. He was screwed over once. Why should we stay mum about it? Why shouldn't we tell other consumers? Just so Uhaul can maintain business? What about the consumers right to expect a decent product for his/her money?
I agree. Customers have only one real recourse, and that is word of mouth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha