Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 07:07 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,678,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
There website schedule, if you look up Westboro Baptist Church, the second link is their schedule.
So... You spend time on the Westboro website?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 07:15 AM

704 posts, read 1,872,273 times
Can anyone tell me why they are picketing Omaha South High School??

Old 05-12-2009, 07:37 AM

1,362 posts, read 4,618,856 times
No one knows. They just go places to be seen. On their site they said they're doing it because they're brats that are following Obama who will end up eating their babies.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrich98 View Post
Can anyone tell me why they are picketing Omaha South High School??
I wonder (seriously) if it has anything to do with the high Hispanic population there.

Several months ago they boycotted at Central High, and I believe it was because the school allows a gay group of some sort (I don't know the name or any details about it) to meet on school property. Apparently the boycott ended abruptly when a bunch of students just started throwing food at the WBC folks.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:10 AM

It has nothing to do with hispanics. They are just doing it for show but I guess it has more to do with what happened at Central so apparently they're just going to other schools as well.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:15 AM

18,217 posts, read 25,857,597 times
These ingrates are the biggest bozos of the history of civilization, educated or not. There is nothing more disgusting and cruel than going to picket a funeral of a soldier whose family is doing everything to hold themselves together and have this bunch disrupt everything to further their agenda.

I don't watch much news these days, but last summer I saw this bunch on Hannity and Colmes on Fox News, a show I don't usually watch. I will hand it to the Phelps, they took shots from the two of them. The look on Phelps wife was classic; she kept on saying that they are right and nobody convinces them otherwise. She had this goofy look on her face, almost like one eye was ponted to her left side and the other eye pointed to Jupiter.

Scary stuff.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
It has nothing to do with hispanics. They are just doing it for show but I guess it has more to do with what happened at Central so apparently they're just going to other schools as well.
I suppose so...

I think what it really boils down to is that these people are full of anger and hatred. Religion (in this case, Christianity) is simply something they use to make themselves feel legitimate. It's not much different than if they were radical Muslims, or wacked-out environmentalists, or Nazis, or PETA people.

Their "cause" is just a handy excuse to vent their venomous hatred.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:34 AM

704 posts, read 1,872,273 times
Really classy, picketing High School kids. I think I'm going to go down to a grade school and picket those kids that wear those Roller skating shoes in public places like stores, and crowded sidewalks.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrich98 View Post
Really classy, picketing High School kids. I think I'm going to go down to a grade school and picket those kids that wear those Roller skating shoes in public places like stores, and crowded sidewalks.
You might be on to something. I'd bet those "heelies" aren't American made, and you can danged well be sure that they're not Union made!

Old 05-12-2009, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
These ingrates are the biggest bozos of the history of civilization, educated or not. There is nothing more disgusting and cruel than going to picket a funeral of a soldier whose family is doing everything to hold themselves together and have this bunch disrupt everything to further their agenda.

I don't watch much news these days, but last summer I saw this bunch on Hannity and Colmes on Fox News, a show I don't usually watch. I will hand it to the Phelps, they took shots from the two of them. The look on Phelps wife was classic; she kept on saying that they are right and nobody convinces them otherwise. She had this goofy look on her face, almost like one eye was ponted to her left side and the other eye pointed to Jupiter.

Scary stuff.
That's actually one of the daughters. Fred Phelps' wife doesn't usually go to events. Shirley Phelps is the new face of the group. Fred doesn't leave the house much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha