Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 07:45 AM

573 posts, read 1,692,919 times

Advertisements

I've just googled and couldn't find it, but I am interested in reading about this as well. Anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 07:45 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,733,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
I've watched it again and it seems fine to me. If people are yelling at him so what? The other man in his group assaulted a woman 2 blocks away from where I shot this video. They were the ones that were being physical with people they didn't agree with. I've told you the context of why people were yelling at him. It didn't have anything to do with his message, they had been walking around pretty much unnoticed UNTIL one of them attacked a parade participant. People aren't yelling shame on you for his views on gay people, they're yelling it because of the assault of a woman by a man.
If that behavior seems fine to you, then you are a sick and jaded individual. You're blind to your own hatred.

Now... Please provide me a link to the charges of assault filed against the guy who "supposedly" attacked and choked a woman. If there is no link of any kind, I simply do not believe the rumors.

Assault such as that is a serious crime. And if, as you claim, it happened and the guy was arrested, there is evidence of it somewhere. So please provide it.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebdj View Post
I've just googled and couldn't find it, but I am interested in reading about this as well. Anyone?
Exactly...

This is like the stories about Hillary Clinton & Janet Reno carrying on a hot lesbian affair. No evidence, just allegations and rumors.

If a man assaulted and choked a woman in public, and was arrested for it, it'd be in the news - especially at something as public as a gay rights parade. Guaranteed.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:48 AM

1,362 posts, read 4,624,885 times
I don't have a video of the assault but I have pictures. You don't plan on video taping an assault, you do of the aftermath though. I'd be more than happy to post them when I get home. There was barely any coverage of the pride events like usual so I doubt that this would have even made the news.

It's obvious you know the guy since you're vouching for him being a nice guy, why not just ask him what happened.

Also the people shouting at the man in the video have just a much right to yell at him and insult him. And they should. He didn't do anything to stop his friend from attacking that woman so why shouldn't he have to deal with the consequences.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:54 AM

Quote:
I don't have a video of the assault but I have pictures. You don't plan on video taping an assault, you do of the aftermath though. I'd be more than happy to post them when I get home. There was barely any coverage of the pride events like usual so I doubt that this would have even made the news.

It's obvious you know the guy since you're vouching for him being a nice guy, why not just ask him what happened.

Also the people shouting at the man in the video have just a much right to yell at him and insult him. And they should. He didn't do anything to stop his friend from attacking that woman so why shouldn't he have to deal with the consequences.
So... No evidence of the alleged assault. I'm having a VERY hard time believing that it happened.

Like I said, if a man assaults a woman at a public event, and is arrested for it, there will be a police report. Assault is a VERY serious offense, and you read about assaults every day in the World Herald. Why can't we find anything about this supposed assault and arrest?

And again, I'm going to suggest to you that you watch your video AGAIN. You can ignore me, hate me, call he a homophobe or whatever you want to do, but I'm telling you... The Gay Rights Activists look like a bunch of hateful, crazy lunatics. In so doing, you are your own worst enemies. I pity you if you cannot see that.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:57 AM

193 posts, read 657,591 times
Omaha Rocks, he just said he has pictures of the aftermath.

It's extremely hard to get actual footage of an assault when you're not right next to it and don't expect it coming.

Besides, you think every single assault has evidence? I've known about instances in public way worse than a choking happening that have never been reported.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawJ View Post
Omaha Rocks, he just said he has pictures of the aftermath.

It's extremely hard to get actual footage of an assault when you're not right next to it and don't expect it coming.

Besides, you think every single assault has evidence? I've known about instances in public way worse than a choking happening that have never been reported.
If the man assaulted and choked a woman on a public street, and was arrested for it, there will be police reports, etc. You read about such things every day.

Now... If it was claimed that a man assaulted a woman, and that's all, there's no way to verify one way or the other. But when it's claimed that the man was arrested for it, that's a different story. You read about these things EVERY DAY in the World Herald.

Why is there no evidence? If the guy was arrested, where is the police report? Honestly, I don't believe it. I will gladly recant and apologize if there is any evidence given, but until then I simply don't believe it. I think it's a made up and/or exaggerated story.

Even so... How does that excuse the hateful, crazy behavior of the people in the video DTO Luv posted?

Old 06-25-2009, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
So... No evidence of the alleged assault. I'm having a VERY hard time believing that it happened.

Like I said, if a man assaults a woman at a public event, and is arrested for it, there will be a police report. Assault is a VERY serious offense, and you read about assaults every day in the World Herald. Why can't we find anything about this supposed assault and arrest?

And again, I'm going to suggest to you that you watch your video AGAIN. You can ignore me, hate me, call he a homophobe or whatever you want to do, but I'm telling you... The Gay Rights Activists look like a bunch of hateful, crazy lunatics. In so doing, you are your own worst enemies. I pity you if you cannot see that.

First of all I find it odd that you don't believe a first hand account with video and pictures of an event from a few days ago but you believe ancient stories about a man-god sacrificing himself and coming back to life. That's logical.

Second I'm glad I didn't have to convince you to arrest the man. The Omaha Police felt their was enough evidence to arrest him. They don't arrest people willy-nilly.

Thirdly, what gay rights activists are you talking about? These are just people that came to watch a parade with family and friends. The guys with their counter message going around assaulting people are the activists.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:09 AM

Quote:
First of all I find it odd that you don't believe a first hand account with video and pictures of an event from a few days ago but you believe ancient stories about a man-god sacrificing himself and coming back to life. That's logical.

Second I'm glad I didn't have to convince you to arrest the man. The Omaha Police felt their was enough evidence to arrest him. They don't arrest people willy-nilly.

Thirdly, what gay rights activists are you talking about? These are just people that came to watch a parade with family and friends. The guys with their counter message going around assaulting people are the activists.
So are you now going to get insulting and catty with me too? I am NOT your enemy, DTO. If I were an anti-homosexual hater, I would have been at the march protesting. But I'm not.

I keep asking... where is the police report? If there was an arrest for assault, there HAS to be a police report?

What I would REALLY like you to do, DTO, is look at the behavior of the homosexuals in that video (you pointed out that one is your boyfriend). It's CRAZY, and it is HATEFUL. You can be angry at me if you want, but that's hardly the point. I'm not saying anything about the fact that you're a homosexual. I'm pointing to the fact that the people on that video you took and posted - those who are venomously harassing the guy in the white shirt - are hateful lunatics. Can you NOT see that? And can you NOT see that this actually hinders the quest for homosexual rights?

THAT is my real point! You think you're making progress, but you're making fools of yourselves.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
If the man assaulted and choked a woman on a public street, and was arrested for it, there will be police reports, etc. You read about such things every day.

Now... If it was claimed that a man assaulted a woman, and that's all, there's no way to verify one way or the other. But when it's claimed that the man was arrested for it, that's a different story. You read about these things EVERY DAY in the World Herald.

Why is there no evidence? If the guy was arrested, where is the police report? Honestly, I don't believe it. I will gladly recant and apologize if there is any evidence given, but until then I simply don't believe it. I think it's a made up and/or exaggerated story.

Even so... How does that excuse the hateful, crazy behavior of the people in the video DTO Luv posted?

LOL. Yes because we're the ones showing hateful and crazy behavior. As I've said many times no one is shouting at this man for being anti-gay. They're doing it because of the assault. Also not every matter involving the police makes news. The whole damn event itself barely makes the news because I've never seen any news outlet in town give even minor coverage to the Pride events in my years of going. Is every drunken bar fight in Omaha on the news? No. There are shootings I know of that don't even make the news.

I didn't go out of my way to film or photograph the 2 men. They just happened to be in front of us when that man choked the woman. It was actually my grandmother who was the most adament about finding the police and getting them to arrest that man. Once the police were involved I kept on watching the parade. Once the parade finished up and we were walking to the riverfront the man that didn't get arrested was yelling at us for getting his friend arrested (like it was our fault) so everyone started yelling back at him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha