Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2006, 03:57 AM

1 posts, read 12,779 times

Advertisements

My husband has a business trip in Newport Beach coming up in early January. We were supposed to stay at the Hyatt, but the administrative person at his work failed to register him in time to get the conference rate, so now we're scrambing to find a room at another decent hotel. Since he's a county employee, there are many restrictions on price, and obviously not much measures up next to the Hyatt. Meanwhile, I've been thinking that it would be nice for me and our 2 kids to stay in Anaheim, where we were headed after his conference, so that we can spend a few mid-week, crowd-free days there - it beats an over-priced, funky hotel in Newport Beach. Now I just have to convince him that it's not going to take him an hour or more to travel the 20 miles (or less) between Anaheim and Newport Beach to get to the conference at the Hyatt each morning. Can anyone tell me what traffic is like in the early morning between Anaheim and Newport Beach?

Many thanks in advance for your help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2006, 06:42 AM

777 posts, read 3,197,133 times
As long as he is on the road by about 5:30 AM, it shouldn't take to long. Traffic starts getting really bad after that.
While your staying in Anaheim, go to Disneyland

Old 12-23-2006, 11:10 AM

253 posts, read 1,131,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmom View Post
My husband has a business trip in Newport Beach coming up in early January. We were supposed to stay at the Hyatt, but the administrative person at his work failed to register him in time to get the conference rate, so now we're scrambing to find a room at another decent hotel. Since he's a county employee, there are many restrictions on price, and obviously not much measures up next to the Hyatt. Meanwhile, I've been thinking that it would be nice for me and our 2 kids to stay in Anaheim, where we were headed after his conference, so that we can spend a few mid-week, crowd-free days there - it beats an over-priced, funky hotel in Newport Beach. Now I just have to convince him that it's not going to take him an hour or more to travel the 20 miles (or less) between Anaheim and Newport Beach to get to the conference at the Hyatt each morning. Can anyone tell me what traffic is like in the early morning between Anaheim and Newport Beach?

Many thanks in advance for your help!!
Hello!

If I were you, I would want to save my spouse from the nightmare commute down and up the 57 and onto the 55 fwys to NB. Hwy 1 in NB has bumper-to-bumper too during the rush hours on at noon. Try to stay in Costa Mesa or Irvine if money is an issue. Or even stay in Mission Viejo. These places are the same as Anaheim.

~Cali-girl

Old 12-23-2006, 03:24 PM

1 posts, read 12,773 times
I've lived in Orange County for 15 years, including Newport and commuted to Anaheim. Plan on 45 minutes between 6am and 9am or 2:30pm and 6pm. Whynot stay at the hyatt in Huntington Beach off of Pacific Coast Hwy? They have direct access to the beach and it is much nicer than the Hyatt in Newport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County