Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2021, 07:25 PM

2 posts, read 5,957 times

Advertisements

Hey all, first of all I was just want to thank this community for being here. I've used CD as a resource in the past but never had to make an acct.

I am helping a friend move out of Cali, and i brought my Tacoma intending on using a 5x8 UHaul trailer.

Now I initially planned on arriving in Irvine and staying with my friend a couple days to help her pack, and then putting everyhting in my truck and trailer on move out day.

The problem now is UHaul doesnt have available trailers for 1 way trips since they say everyone is making 1 way trips out of CA. So I'm in Vegas right now and I have to get a trailer in Pahrump and take it to irvine.

The issue is now I dont know where I can park the truck and trailer for a couple days before the actual move out day. She lives in an apartment with garage parking, and when she moved here I found that I wasnt going to be able to take the trailer into the garage.

The streets of course do not offer any parking. One option i thought was to see if a UHaul location would let me leave the trailer there for 2 days until I needed it, since its really their issue that they stopped allowing 1 way rentals in CA.

My other option now is parking it in a big shopping center lot. I worry about doing this overnight however. I might have to sleep in the car just in case.

Any recommendations? Much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2021, 06:54 AM

176 posts, read 220,074 times
Is the trailer going to be empty? Park it in the City Hall parking lot, away from buildings, etc. Let the desk officer at the P.D. know, leave your contact info, etc. (In case they think you're going to pack it full of fertilizer and explosives).

That would be my first thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
View detailed profiles of: