Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2019, 02:11 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,687,736 times

Advertisements

Yeah, if you remember inflation, current dispensary prices are about the same as the $10 lid in 1968, and the quality is much higher.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2019, 04:34 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,455,954 times
So what is the big problem?
Is weed such a horrible problem that we should worry about it?

I certainly don't want to see a bunch of stuff with all kinds of chemicals and such, but that is so easily avoidable that I can't see why we are having a discussion about "illegal" weed at all.

If you are smoking anything that is "black market" at all, you are an absolute idiot, and you deserve what you get.

Good clean legal weed is so easily obtainable, there is no reason to buy "questionable" stuff.

You can even grow it in your own back yard.

Old 12-03-2019, 06:25 PM

2,542 posts, read 4,003,946 times
Does anyone know how much one plant yields? Does the following mean you can grow 4 plants but only have 8 ounces at home? Or can you have everything listed below at the same time?

https://www.oregon.gov/olcc/marijuan...sonal-use.aspx

Old 12-04-2019, 01:20 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,687,736 times
Yield would probably depend on how big the plant was. The law had to set some limits but, just like the old days, enforcement does not exist if you are discrete.

1. Don't deal.
2. Don't wander around with more than an ounce in possession.
3. Keep to the legal limit of 4 plants.
4. Don't do anything that would trigger a search warrant.
5. Don't have a house fire.
6. Keep your stash tucked away where people can't see it.
7. Don't drive under the influence.

Old 12-04-2019, 02:01 PM

5,463 posts, read 8,182,393 times
From Willamette Week:

“Oregon Cops Can’t Tell the Difference Between Hemp and Pot. That’s Making Life Easy for Black Market Growers. Oregon cops already struggle to contain a thriving illicit market, which sells weed for much cheaper than licensed growers, who are subject to intense rounds of testing and product approval.”

The whole story: https://www.wweek.com/news/state/201...arket-growers/

Old 12-09-2019, 07:30 PM

206 posts, read 186,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendLocal View Post
Does anyone know how much one plant yields? Does the following mean you can grow 4 plants but only have 8 ounces at home? Or can you have everything listed below at the same time?

https://www.oregon.gov/olcc/marijuan...sonal-use.aspx
All depends on your setup and how good you are at growing. Anywhere from 1-6 ounces a plant more or less.

Old 12-09-2019, 10:34 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,884,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Large drug busts are still happening on Central Oregon highway 97 of Marijuana being brought in from Mexico. I don't know the final destination, whether it is intended for Oregon or not, but they wouldn't be smuggling it if they couldn't sell it.

Smugglers with large amounts are still getting jail time.

Apparently, a large percentage of the legally grown marijuana in Oregon is illegally shipped out to other states, so there is a black market in the outgoing direction.

If I wanted marijuana myself, I'd just grow my own, but a lot of people don't have much luck with plants because they won't put in the effort. For them, it is easier to buy.
This is true. However, with a risk, as Oregonwoodsmoke points out. Some legal producers are now looking at ways to hijack their grow to non-legal States. Perhaps they think it won't be noticed as much since it is legal in the State. But they are wrong. And it will catch up with them.

The legal States are doing it correctly. And frankly, after several years now, I don't see any negative effects of this in Washington and Oregon. If anything, it regulates the industry, and cuts down on local crime with many not having to go "under-cover" to get their weed. I think the rest of the country will catch up but it may take awhile.

Old 12-10-2019, 05:21 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,455,954 times
Weed is now legalized in all of Canada. It is also legal in most of Western USA. It will be a very very short time until it is legal in the rest of the USA. I do not see what the attraction is for buying illegal weed, when you can buy some really top-notch stuff, legally, for a very good price? Why are the so-called cartels growing all this illegal weed when there is really no market for it?

Old 12-10-2019, 05:58 PM

13,075 posts, read 7,515,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post
Weed is now legalized in all of Canada. It is also legal in most of Western USA. It will be a very very short time until it is legal in the rest of the USA. I do not see what the attraction is for buying illegal weed, when you can buy some really top-notch stuff, legally, for a very good price? Why are the so-called cartels growing all this illegal weed when there is really no market for it?
Taxes?
more Profit?
and probably some pot users will graduate to hard drugs.
Personally I don't see pot as a gateway intoxicant any more so than tobacco or alcohol.

Last edited by leastprime; 12-10-2019 at 06:15 PM..

Old 12-11-2019, 08:46 AM

679 posts, read 878,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post
The attraction of black market pot is that it’s considerably cheaper that what you buy in the dispensaries.

And the big market for black market weed is the prohibition states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon