Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2014, 09:17 AM

2 posts, read 2,113 times

Advertisements

Hello, just moved into an apartment in Orlando. I was told that I had to sign a blank copy of the Inventory and Condition form. Obviously, I know that doing so basically means I am saying that the apartment is in perfect condition. When I explained this, they basically said I still had to sign a blank. How do I deal with this situation. This doesn't seem like a legitimate or honest request at all, but I've already signed a lease. Do I have any legal recourse if they try to coerce me into singing away on the condition of the apartment? Also I have about 30 pictures and some video detailing every minor defect in the apartment, all synced to Google+ with metadata of when and where they were taken (literally within 10 minuutes of getting the keys).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 10:57 AM

59 posts, read 171,989 times
Both apartments I rented at made me do this on the day I got the keys. I then had 48hrs to turn in a new one, otherwise the blank one stays in the file. The next day I took my new filled out form and they gave me the blank one out of the file and put the new one in. My last apartment did this and my new place also did this. When I recently moved out of my old apartment there were no issues. I also had pictures and video.

Old 03-14-2014, 01:13 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,435,153 times
The usage of the form is fairly common, however, they normally allow you to personally inspect the apartment and make notations of anything wrong on the form prior to signing and submitting it, if you are uncomfortable with the situation ask to speak with the property manager and any well run community should be willing to work with you.. Best of luck!

Old 03-29-2014, 07:05 AM

2 posts, read 2,113 times
Well that's good to know. In the end I was not required to turn in a blank form; instead I turned it in the next day. There were a few minor problems with the apartment. Base board was beat up, cabinets had some stains in them.

The tile under the sink was damaged. Moreso after the first day there: I used the dishwasher and it spilled out under the sink, apparently the drain hose wasn't connected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando