Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 08:56 AM

3 posts, read 7,545 times

Advertisements

Since there hasn't been a recent thread about Clermont Fl lately, I would like to start one. My husband and I will be relocating to the area in about 2 months. I got a job offer there. We also have 2 young children (ages 1 and 2). We are looking for apartments or house rentals in the area. Any ideas/ recommendations? How's life in Clermont in general? I would love to hear some opinions to prepare us for the move. Thx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2014, 05:27 AM

135 posts, read 439,500 times
Its very nice! Getting very built up! We live next door in Winter Garden but I like Clermont very much!! Not sure about schools because my kids homeschool but schools generally in Florida are not the best! Very big schools here!! Its pretty safe around here compared to other areas in Orlando!! Good Luck on your move!!

Old 03-22-2014, 09:28 AM

13 posts, read 22,140 times
You'll want to look in the 34711 zip code of Clermont. Good schools. Very condusive for raising a family. There is no short term rentals permitted in this particular zip code. However, you can lease homes for minimum 1 - 2 years. There are some nice apartment/apartment home complexes near South Lake Hospital as well that could be suitable for your needs.

Old 03-23-2014, 12:21 AM

135 posts, read 439,500 times
I agree with armindo54 that zip code 34711 is better!! Especially because no tourists are able to rent in that area. Same with Winter Garden and Windermere!! But alot of long term rentals!! Its a different world than the tourist areas! The prices are cheaper at the food stores and restaurants. Seems like they jack up the prices big time in the tourist area!!

Old 03-24-2014, 08:59 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,025,051 times
I've been a resident of 34711 for 10 years and can answer questions.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:48 PM

1 posts, read 2,721 times
Hi there. We've been here for almost a year now and, I must say, we're still trying to wrap our minds around things. One thing we know for sure is that we really like Clermont. We've explored apartment living and may actually go that route when our lease is up. The best ones that come to mind are Citrus Tower Apartments and Sundance for size, value, and "perceived" safety. Rent for a 3br ranges for $1000 - $1400.

However, we decided on renting a SFH in the Tradd's Landing subdivision. It's been nice, but our management company leaves much to be desired.

Since your children are still young, I think apartment living or a SFH would work. Aside from the amenities that apartment living offers, you can find a SFH for the same price.

Old 03-28-2014, 11:24 PM

3 posts, read 7,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frmnj2fl View Post
Hi there. We've been here for almost a year now and, I must say, we're still trying to wrap our minds around things. One thing we know for sure is that we really like Clermont. We've explored apartment living and may actually go that route when our lease is up. The best ones that come to mind are Citrus Tower Apartments and Sundance for size, value, and "perceived" safety. Rent for a 3br ranges for $1000 - $1400.

However, we decided on renting a SFH in the Tradd's Landing subdivision. It's been nice, but our management company leaves much to be desired.

Since your children are still young, I think apartment living or a SFH would work. Aside from the amenities that apartment living offers, you can find a SFH for the same price.

Thank you everyone for your replies. They are greatly appreciated!
Frmnj2fl, you mentioned Citrus tower apartments...we are actually looking to rent there but they currently do not have a unit that we need (2 bed with laminate in the living room and garage). We will be in Clermont mid-May. Preferably, I would like to rent a SFH with 2 garage spaces and no carpet in the living room area due to having young kids/allergies. Do you think $1100 budget + utilities is reasonable? I'm so glad you are still loving Clermont after a year of being there. I hope we will feel the same way.

What's the best way to go apartment/house hunting? Ideally, finding something furnished would be great but not a requirement. Our main criteria are at least 2 bed/garage/No carpet in living room area. If anyone knows anything that may be helpful, I would love to know.

Old 03-29-2014, 06:22 AM

35,687 posts, read 21,035,253 times
I just moved here and son w kids lived in Sarah PL apts,,, not recommended. We rented a 4 bedroom house and its pretty nice for the money $1200. This is close to fourcornners area or south 27th but not in Davenport. I work near the airport,,, need a helicopter. The drive is not bad but for now I cannot afford the easy way to work with the tolls. IT added up t $85 a mo, too much at this time. Think where the job is be very sure of where the house is. Traffic is thick... moves well, but it can be a nighmare with just one wreck.

Old 03-29-2014, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroevy View Post
Thank you everyone for your replies. They are greatly appreciated!
Frmnj2fl, you mentioned Citrus tower apartments...we are actually looking to rent there but they currently do not have a unit that we need (2 bed with laminate in the living room and garage). We will be in Clermont mid-May. Preferably, I would like to rent a SFH with 2 garage spaces and no carpet in the living room area due to having young kids/allergies. Do you think $1100 budget + utilities is reasonable? I'm so glad you are still loving Clermont after a year of being there. I hope we will feel the same way.

What's the best way to go apartment/house hunting? Ideally, finding something furnished would be great but not a requirement. Our main criteria are at least 2 bed/garage/No carpet in living room area. If anyone knows anything that may be helpful, I would love to know.
Furnished will be tough in 34711, as they don't allow short term rentals. $1100 is reasonable for what you are looking for in a SFH, might be tighter for a nice apartment.

By the way, stop looking for laminate--it's not all that common here. Instead look for tile throughout, which is very common.

Old 03-29-2014, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I just moved here and son w kids lived in Sarah PL apts,,, not recommended. We rented a 4 bedroom house and its pretty nice for the money $1200. This is close to fourcornners area or south 27th but not in Davenport. I work near the airport,,, need a helicopter. The drive is not bad but for now I cannot afford the easy way to work with the tolls. IT added up t $85 a mo, too much at this time. Think where the job is be very sure of where the house is. Traffic is thick... moves well, but it can be a nighmare with just one wreck.
Sarah's Place is a dump for low income people.

Living up in 34711 will allow access to the Turnpike and Beachline for an easy commute to the airport. It takes me 23 minutes from the time I get on the Turnpike, and 12 minutes to get to that point. SunPass helps save on tolls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando