Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2024, 11:44 PM

10,130 posts, read 15,013,843 times

Advertisements

One thing I definitely like about the Orlando area is the number of themed hotels/resorts. It makes vacationing in the area quite a treat since every time you can stay in a totally different themed hotel and have a different experience. I think simply going to Orlando for the themed hotels and not necessarily the amusement parks is a good enough reason. Many of these themed hotels are quite different compared to “usual hotels” found elsewhere. I can only think of Las Vegas, Nevada having a concentration similar to (though not necessarily identical to) Orlando when it comes to having themed hotels/resorts.

Off the top of my head I can think i¡of the following ones.
  • Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
  • Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
  • Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort
  • Disney’s Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
  • Disney’s Animal Lodge
  • Portofino Bay Hotel

Some walks through these amazing hotels.

https://youtu.be/VA7qTPRKtac?si=AFBoP7jJOlLpVtD7

https://youtu.be/RUTlXgIdX_s?si=uFEKsvNhbJ4b3v3H

https://youtu.be/lokVvLO0O0w?si=PxcMxn1PnmA9wIaZ

https://youtu.be/CeoDMGRc3fU?si=4zAMdk4YvFUFP-st

What are the others (if there are any)?

One more thing, is it necessary to stay in one of these resort to enjoy them or is possible to not stay in theme but buy some sort of day pass that allows you to enjoy the pools , the restaurants and many or all of its amenities?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:35 AM

17,265 posts, read 15,458,474 times
There are too many to name for me to start listing off the top of my head.

That being said, you can absolutely dine at these establishments without staying there.
There are some other amenities that you can generally enjoy, but most aside from dining are reserved for guests.

Old Yesterday, 10:49 AM

3,256 posts, read 3,211,077 times
Stayed for the first time back in December at the Orlando Hilton connected to the convention center. Two thumbs way way up.

Old Yesterday, 11:50 AM

24,410 posts, read 27,006,199 times
I haven't stayed there before, but EVERMORE ORLANDO RESORT recently opened and has one of those huge lagoon pools. Very interesting looking property with all types of accommodations.

Old Yesterday, 11:59 AM

10,130 posts, read 15,013,843 times
I once stayed at the Hyatt right across the convention center. Had a room looking right at it. Lol

I wouldn’t call that a themed hotel, but it was (and still is since it’s still open) a very nice hotel. I learn the hard way that it consist of two highrises. One day I went back to the hotel, took the elevator to my floor and found the door to what I thought was my room (same number.) The problem was that I would insert the key card which unlock the door, but the door was not unlocking. I tried it like 3 or 4 more times without success. I was convinced my key card was broken or the door lock was acting up, then the door open and a guy that looks he was sleeping sticks his head out. I was so ready to beat him up thinking this weird guy was in my room sleeping on my bed and probably was wearing my clothes. Luckily, a maid was coming out of cleaning a nearby room and quickly came to us to clear up it was a mistake and sorry for waking him up. Then she told me there are two highrises and I went up the elevator for the wrong tower. Oops!

I finally go down, walk across the lobby area and find another group of elevators. Entered one and go up to the floor of my room, find the door to my room, enter the key card and phew, it opens the door and everything looks exactly where I left it. A miracle! Lol

What would had happen if that maid wasn’t there, eh?

Old Yesterday, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I haven't stayed there before, but EVERMORE ORLANDO RESORT recently opened and has one of those huge lagoon pools. Very interesting looking property with all types of accommodations.
Looks pretty neat. Definitely will look into it when we have guests in town. They have full-blown houses, up to 10 bedrooms!

One that I miss that I stayed in a while ago was the Peabody (now just a huge Hyatt.) Loved those ducks.

Old Yesterday, 01:02 PM

1,969 posts, read 935,637 times
Wyndham's Bonnet Creek resort is pretty spectacular.

Old Yesterday, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
I once stayed at the Hyatt right across the convention center. Had a room looking right at it. Lol

I wouldn’t call that a themed hotel, but it was (and still is since it’s still open) a very nice hotel. I learn the hard way that it consist of two highrises. One day I went back to the hotel, took the elevator to my floor and found the door to what I thought was my room (same number.) The problem was that I would insert the key card which unlock the door, but the door was not unlocking. I tried it like 3 or 4 more times without success. I was convinced my key card was broken or the door lock was acting up, then the door open and a guy that looks he was sleeping sticks his head out. I was so ready to beat him up thinking this weird guy was in my room sleeping on my bed and probably was wearing my clothes. Luckily, a maid was coming out of cleaning a nearby room and quickly came to us to clear up it was a mistake and sorry for waking him up. Then she told me there are two highrises and I went up the elevator for the wrong tower. Oops!

I finally go down, walk across the lobby area and find another group of elevators. Entered one and go up to the floor of my room, find the door to my room, enter the key card and phew, it opens the door and everything looks exactly where I left it. A miracle! Lol

Funny story! I was debating between the Hilton and the Hyatt and what won was the package. I was there to watch the dog show at the convention center and the Hilton gave the AKC a better price.

Old Yesterday, 02:00 PM

Oh, and to add, I did stay at the Grand Floridian for a conference many years ago. Despite our guaranteed reservation for a standard room, the hotel had overbooked. They wanted us to spend the night offsite, but I complained that meetings were starting early in the morning, and why should I be inconvenienced for their error?

The front desk clerk huddled with a manager, who then told me and my husband—“you are very very lucky. We can put you in a suite, for this one night, and we’ll have a standard room ready for you tomorrow. Don’t get too comfortable because we’ll have to move you and your things out by noon.”

We thought that was a good deal, and a bellhop loads up our luggage to take us up to our room, using a private elevator. The guy told us “you’re gonna love this room.” The sign on the door said Grand Suite. Was it ever!!!

The suite was over 2000 square feet, as large as my home. Fresh flowers everywhere. A view of Space Mountain, Cinderella’s Castle and much of the park. A white baby grand piano that the bellhop said Michael Jackson had previously used. Sunken tubs. We ran around the place whooping it up like two children.

I called one of my coworkers to come on up with her husband. We sat around drinking, eating and playing chopsticks on the piano. Didn’t want the experience to end.

Last edited by wizrap; Yesterday at 02:01 PM.. Reason: Extra word

Old Yesterday, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post

Yeah that's the one I was talking about. Used to be a Peabody hotel, and had ducks living in it in some penthouse suite. They'd march through the first floor hallways on their way to the water fountain every day before heading back up to their "quarters." It was cute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando