Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2023, 09:23 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,110 posts, read 30,428,674 times

Advertisements

Here we go!

Today's Question(s):
More than one answer welcome: what were you doing when you heard major or historic news and what was the news?

Bonus:
What do you consider the best purchase(s) of your life?

Foodie Questions:
Let's talk tacos: what do you like in them or what would you like to try?

Just to:
For a a week, would you rather live as a fish or a bird, what kind and where, and what do you imagine you might do/go/see?

Have a good weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2023, 09:29 PM

61,834 posts, read 87,292,973 times
Here we go!

Today's Question(s):
More than one answer welcome: what were you doing when you heard major or historic news and what was the news?

Humans on the Moon - with my parents at home, watching it on TV
Chernobyl - living in W. Germany
Internet/computers for masses - got one
The Berlin Wall down - living in Near East, moving to W. Germany
EU created - moved to the US
911 happened - traveled at that time
etc.

Bonus:

I am pretty happy with the bargain purchase of my house in US, and good investments in rental properties.

Foodie Questions:

Bulgogi, fried oysters, Tikka masala tacos, Cuban fish tacos, lengua tacos. Spicy please.

Just to:
For a a week, would you rather live as a fish or a bird, what kind and where, and what do you imagine you might do/go/see?

To survive as a fish i would need to be an Orca. They are found in all oceans - mostly cold ones, near Antarctica, Norway, and Alaska, they are also found in tropical and subtropical waters. Lots to explore.

Have a good weekend.

Thank you, bjh!!! Have an awesome weekend, peeps!!

Last edited by elnina; 04-28-2023 at 10:10 PM..

Old 04-28-2023, 11:33 PM

44,644 posts, read 61,677,004 times
Today's Question(s):
JFK assasination, was at work when news broke.

1st Moon landing was watching at a friends house in Colorado.

911, was on a cruise ship in the Carribbean when we were told to turn on the TV in our room.

Bonus:
What do you consider the best purchase(s) of your life? Real estate investments.

Foodie Questions:
Let's talk tacos: what do you like in them or what would you like to try? Love me some basic tacos with ground beef, lettuce, tomato, shredded cheese, sour cream, mild sauce.

Just to:
For a a week, would you rather live as a fish or a bird, what kind and where, and what do you imagine you might do/go/see? Hummingbird where I can flit around and be nosy.

Have a good weekend. u-2
Rate this post positively

Old 04-28-2023, 11:49 PM

21,560 posts, read 8,739,775 times
Here we go!

Today's Question(s):
  • I was in high school typing class when I heard that President Kennedy was shot. I was in the cafeteria line when I heard that he had died.
  • I was working at a brokerage firm on Wall Street when I heard that Robert Kennedy had died.
  • I was in my fiancé's bedroom at his mother's house in Weehawken during the moon landing. We were in the middle of breaking our engagement, we were both crying, and I paid very little attention to what the rest of his family was watching on TV in the next room.
  • I was visiting my mother in the country when I heard that President Nixon had resigned.
  • I was at my desk at a TV station when I heard that Mayor Moscone and Supervisor Milk had been assassinated.
  • I was in the audio booth during a TV news show when the Loma Prieta earthquake happened.
  • I was asleep when Mr. Bay woke me up and told me that there had been four airline crashes and that both World Trade Center buildings had collapsed.
Bonus:
Our house. I remember thinking we'd overpaid in 1986, but since then the value has appreciated by more than 500%.
Foodie Questions:
I like chicken, beef or fish in a crisp corn tortilla shell with lettuce, tomato and cheese. Maybe a dash of mild taco sauce.
Just to:
Hmm, that's an interesting question. I love birds, but I think life as a fish would be more peaceful.

Thanks, bjh!

Old 04-29-2023, 02:12 AM

1,378 posts, read 618,302 times
Here we go!

***Morning

Today's Question(s):

***JFK Assasination, I was in class. 9/11 I was on the computer when I got an IM pop up that a ‘small’ aircraft just crashed into one of the WTC towers. Obviously as the minutes went by and the news’s kept being updated the horror of what was happening is something that’s imprinted in my brain.

Bonus:
What do you consider the best purchase(s) of your life?*** The plane tickets we purchase so my wife and I take trips together to learn different cultures, try new food and experience new adventures out there.

Foodie Questions:
Let's talk tacos: what do you like in them or what would you like to try? *** Fish tacos, and chocolate tacos.

Just to:
For a a week, would you rather live as a fish or a bird, what kind and where, and what do you imagine you might do/go/see? ***A hummingbird and fly as if I’m going like the speed of light.

Have a good weekend.

***THX for QOTD

***Enjoy the weekend all.

Old 04-29-2023, 02:37 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,009,482 times
Today's Question(s):
***Was at the theater watching a movie when they stopped the movie to announce that Apollo 13 had a problem

Bonus:
***My Jeep.

Foodie Questions:
***I prefer soft tacos with meat, onions, cheese, and lettuce

Just to:
**Don't want to be either. If I was a fish, I would go for the worm on a hook. If I was a bird I probably end up as dinner for a cat.

Have a good weekend.

Old 04-29-2023, 04:18 AM

126,298 posts, read 19,080,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Here we go!

Today's Question(s):
More than one answer welcome: what were you doing when you heard major or historic news and what was the news? ........ Probably working

Bonus:
What do you consider the best purchase(s) of your life? ............ Stationary bike, elliptical trainer,a good bicycle and joining the Martial Arts

Foodie Questions:
Let's talk tacos: what do you like in them or what would you like to try? .............I never had them and sure I like to try them

Just to:
For a week, would you rather live as a fish or a bird, what kind and where, and what do you imagine you might do/go/see?...........I would love to be an eagle flying way up high in the sky overlooking mountains,valleys and a winding river as well forest everywhere

Have a good weekend.

Thank you bjh

Old 04-29-2023, 04:51 AM

30,565 posts, read 16,256,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Here we go!

Today's Question(s):
taking a history test when Kennedy was shot
between classes when the Kent State massacre happened
making catsup when the twin towers were attacked

Bonus:

not sure it's considered a purchase but my college education

Foodie Questions:

really liked those ice cream tacos but they stopped making them

Just to:
a bird so I could poop on certain people.

Have a good weekend.

Thanks, bjh

Old 04-29-2023, 05:25 AM

9,730 posts, read 14,281,218 times
Today's Question(s):
More than one answer welcome: what were you doing when you heard major or historic news and what was the news? I was a stay-at-home-mom, holding our baby while watching a soap opera on t.v. They interrupted the show with the JFK news.

Bonus:
160 acres of tillable, clear, prime, farm land for $42,000.

Foodie Questions:
Let's talk tacos: what do you like in them or what would you like to try? Just basic tacos...nothing different

Just to:
For a a week, would you rather live as a fish or a bird, what kind and where, and what do you imagine you might do/go/see? Since I'm already a "freebird"...... I'd say a bird.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LwcvjNJTuM

Old 04-29-2023, 06:49 AM

35,122 posts, read 17,080,545 times
Today's Question(s):

Arriving at work, one of the other attorneys told me of what would be known as the 9/11 attacks.

Bonus:

My tennis racket

Foodie Questions:

Fish tacos

Just to:

Fish gotta swim? We could in our backyard with all the rain we're getting. So for this week fish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics