Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 08:06 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,223,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I agree fully. I didn't mean that he should be locked up. I just think he needs to be taught more about what's appropriate and what's not.
Recently a high school friend of mine who had her first baby boy about the same time we had our twin boys e-mailed me with a question. She asked me why her boy was constantly "grabbing his junk" every time she took off his diaper! She seemed really concerned, but I told her our two had started doing the same thing, and not to worry, as it's normal. People really get concerned when it comes to boys and their "junk"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 01:37 PM

1,986 posts, read 4,066,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Recently a high school friend of mine who had her first baby boy about the same time we had our twin boys e-mailed me with a question. She asked me why her boy was constantly "grabbing his junk" every time she took off his diaper! She seemed really concerned, but I told her our two had started doing the same thing, and not to worry, as it's normal. People really get concerned when it comes to boys and their "junk"
It's a natural thang.

Old 03-07-2009, 12:44 AM

1,009 posts, read 874,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
Despite how hard it would be to hear such news, YES I would want to know if my child was doing such a thing. This young man needs help and quickly. It may seem somewhat ok since he is 12, but one day he will be 22 and a grown man doing this if it is not stopped. He has some serious problems and his parents need to know right away.

If he's twelve years old any help will be about nine or ten years too late. I'm a big fan of the idea that if a kid has a crappy foundation he'll be a crappy person for life, barring a few exceptions. If you take somebody and ruin their upbringing in the first two to four years of their life, you've pretty much ruined them for life.

Old 09-02-2022, 06:11 PM

1 posts, read 368 times
Quote:
OK, I'll post a male point of view here, because it sounds like an awful lot of overreacting!!

At age 12/13, boys are hitting puberty. I remember at that age, pretty much EVERY boy I knew had exposed himself to me and others. It wasn't some sexual predatory thing, more like boys discovering themselves. If this were a sign of future sexual issues, then all men would be in prison!

Even so, the boys need to understand that it's not appropriate, so I'd tell the parents, but not make a big deal of it, but try not to embarass the boy. Calling police or CPS is insane. Oh, and I recall several girls exposing their breasts to me as they were developing, so I'd say it's not only a male issue. Just kids hitting puberty and doing what they do.
I was going to say basically the same thing. I remember when i was that age and going through that phase too. At the time, as bizarre as it may seem; i remember it being almost like a status thing, or a pecking order without actually being that if that makes sense? It is hard to describe the feeling / emotion / motive involved in that behavior and easier to just say that that's just something that boys around that age do, it doesn't last long and is nothing to worry about really.

Old 09-03-2022, 08:14 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,949,625 times
Quote:
True. I'd just try to walk the line between freaking the kid out and explaining social norms. Calling the cops and putting a 12 year old on the sex offenders list just seems extreme to me.
Maybe not at 12, but that doesn't mean he won't end up there in future. My 2nd oldest brother IS a level 3, and he started as a middle schooler.

Old 09-03-2022, 10:55 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,671,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Maybe not at 12, but that doesn't mean he won't end up there in future. My 2nd oldest brother IS a level 3, and he started as a middle schooler.
Zombie thread from 2007 has been resurrected. The 12 year old in question is now in his late 20s and hopefully the problem has resolved.

Old 09-03-2022, 12:11 PM

66 posts, read 48,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
Zombie thread from 2007 has been resurrected. The 12 year old in question is now in his late 20s and hopefully the problem has resolved.
Doubtful.
Without proper therapy, once a flasher always a flasher.

Old 09-03-2022, 12:18 PM

88,567 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Can't you just shoot the little cretin in the crotch with a paint-ball gun?

Old 09-05-2022, 07:06 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,949,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus_2 View Post
Doubtful.
Without proper therapy, once a flasher always a flasher.
Even with proper therapy the problem doesn't always get solved.

Old 09-05-2022, 11:45 AM

18,722 posts, read 33,380,506 times
HIs early behavior gets imprinted and goes on into behavior. It's not a small issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting