Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 01:49 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,573,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
It is sweet though now there's always kids in my house but I don't mind so much, although the older ones try to chat to me which means I have to struggle with my Finnish.

That's great, bet she does love it! There's some really cute little toddlers in my kid's footy club, so funny when they're trying to kick the ball though they wander off half way through.
The first class was the funniest! The coach said, "run towards the other coach" and all the kids started running in all directions...away from the other coach!

Good luck with finnish
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2015, 05:28 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Since I don't have any kids I will brag about txtqueen.

Old 05-26-2015, 11:03 PM

6,418 posts, read 7,244,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maila View Post
The first class was the funniest! The coach said, "run towards the other coach" and all the kids started running in all directions...away from the other coach!

Good luck with finnish
Hah they're clearly so good at following instructions! Mine is scared of the coach, she won't go anyway near him and refused to shake his hand at the end of the match

Got a big child protection meeting tomorrow. Hoping to finally sort some things out with visitation between my kid and her dad and reach some kind of agreement. And hopefully make it clear to him that he can't threaten to refuse her to go on holiday abroad just because he's pissed off at me, that's not fair on her. Stressed out about it but thankfully they're providing a translator for me so at least I don't have to struggle in Finnish too.

Old 05-27-2015, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Hah they're clearly so good at following instructions! Mine is scared of the coach, she won't go anyway near him and refused to shake his hand at the end of the match

Got a big child protection meeting tomorrow. Hoping to finally sort some things out with visitation between my kid and her dad and reach some kind of agreement. And hopefully make it clear to him that he can't threaten to refuse her to go on holiday abroad just because he's pissed off at me, that's not fair on her. Stressed out about it but thankfully they're providing a translator for me so at least I don't have to struggle in Finnish too.
I thought he was on friendly terms with you? I guess a few things changed in the last few months. Good luck with the meeting.

Old 05-27-2015, 07:29 AM

Quote:
I thought he was on friendly terms with you? I guess a few things changed in the last few months. Good luck with the meeting.
Yeah he suddenly stopped being cooperative, hopefully the meeting will help.

My house is full of kids again

Old 05-27-2015, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Yeah he suddenly stopped being cooperative, hopefully the meeting will help.

My house is full of kids again
Well, I guess he is EX for a reason. Hope the meeting went OK. Good luck with playdates!

I think my 3 year old is getting to a stage where she wants to see how far I would go. For many things I say, she responds with a 'no'. Sometimes it drive me so mad. I am just making sure that I get her to do things which I think she should do. Here is last nights conversation:

Me: Sweety, start putting your toys away. Its bed time.
She: No, its not bed time.
Me: Yes it is, its past bed time actually
She: No, I dont want to put my toys away
Me: Well, we cant read your book if you keep taking this long to finish your things.
She: I dont want to put my toys away. I dont want to go to bed (trust me its past bed time and I know she is very tired).
Me: Take her by hand, tell he she will get a timeout if she doesnt stop arguing and get to putting things away..

Almost everyday its the same scenario with one thing or the other. Did your girl go through this phase? It wasnt always like this for me.

Old 05-27-2015, 01:21 PM

Sad to say I'm not convinced its just a phase....it still hasn't stopped yet! Now I just give one explanation of why she has to do it, then threaten with the naughty chair or removal of privilege.

Old 05-27-2015, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Sad to say I'm not convinced its just a phase....it still hasn't stopped yet! Now I just give one explanation of why she has to do it, then threaten with the naughty chair or removal of privilege.
Ya, I just hope its not a forever trend. She is not this way with her dad. Its just with me she does it.

"Brush your teeth", "no".
"Lets give you a bath". "No

jeez!

Old 05-27-2015, 01:28 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Quote:
Well, I guess he is EX for a reason. Hope the meeting went OK. Good luck with playdates!

I think my 3 year old is getting to a stage where she wants to see how far I would go. For many things I say, she responds with a 'no'. Sometimes it drive me so mad. I am just making sure that I get her to do things which I think she should do. Here is last nights conversation:

Me: Sweety, start putting your toys away. Its bed time.
She: No, its not bed time.
Me: Yes it is, its past bed time actually
She: No, I dont want to put my toys away
Me: Well, we cant read your book if you keep taking this long to finish your things.
She: I dont want to put my toys away. I dont want to go to bed (trust me its past bed time and I know she is very tired).
Me: Take her by hand, tell he she will get a timeout if she doesnt stop arguing and get to putting things away..

Almost everyday its the same scenario with one thing or the other. Did your girl go through this phase? It wasnt always like this for me.
Try giving her a choice. With a toddler it's often a matter of having a small amount of control in their lives. If you do that they often are satisfied.

Old 05-27-2015, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Try giving her a choice. With a toddler it's often a matter of having a small amount of control in their lives. If you do that they often are satisfied.
Ya, I am making it a point to offer a choice to her but in some cases, its just simply not possible to have a choice...like brushing her teeth before going to bed.
I get your point though, I have to try harder to reach a balance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting