Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2007, 06:49 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,207,686 times

Advertisements

This thread is the place to share anecdotes of how you survived your teen's years.

For example- the pants hanging four inches down from the waistband of the boxer shorts. I HATE IT! I have found two effective ways to address the problem. The first worked with my oldest son 12 years ago. He kept inching them down and his dad and I were getting tired of telling him how stupid it looked and to pull them up.

One day he and his friends were slumped down on the couch and chairs in the living room watching tv, pants all hanging down. My husband and I went into the bedroom and pulled OUR pants halfway down our a**, with our underpants showing up top and started walking around the house. It totally grossed him out and embarassed him. We never saw it again.

With my now-13 YO, he was on the way out the door on the way to his second week in middle school when I caught the pants halfway down his rear end, boxers showing four inches above.
"Whoa, whoa, hold on there. Get back into the house and put on a belt."
"I have a belt on."
"Well, then, pull up your pants."
"But they won't stay up."
"Okay, then, get into the house, you're going to school bareback." At this point I have my key out and am beginning to unlock the front door.
He totally freaked out and almost started crying, "but I have gym class,everyone will laugh at me."
"Then pull up your pants. And if I see that one more time I will buy you nothing but tightie whities and then you will really be embarassed in phys ed."

The second method proved to be the most effective cure-all for the low slung pants issue. This method works only if your child knows that you will follow through on the tightie whities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2007, 07:06 PM

2,218 posts, read 5,394,432 times
I don't understand kids today when I was in primary school if my pants dangled it bothered me to no end... But now I wear nothing, but khakis... So it doesn't really matter to me now. (i do wear pants and under garments... the nothing, but khakis part is a little.. woohoo!)

But tightie whities yikes... I wore those for quite awhile...

Last edited by Ronzou; 02-15-2007 at 07:14 PM..

Old 02-15-2007, 07:13 PM

It makes me feel like an old fart that boys today are so into boxers, as they remind me of my grandfather. I much prefer nothing or tightie whities on a guy. And what's up with the removal of body hair on men? creeps me out.. but I am getting off topic.

Another anecdote-

14 YO giving me a total attitude on the way to school. over nothing. Not wanting to bash heads, I smile and in a really nice voice, say, "You better have an attitude adjustment real quick or mommy is going to give you a big kiss when she drops you off at school."

Attitude: adjusted!

Old 02-15-2007, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
It makes me feel like an old fart that boys today are so into boxers, as they remind me of my grandfather. I much prefer nothing or tightie whities on a guy. And what's up with the removal of body hair on men? creeps me out.. but I am getting off topic.
i like boxers because i know something is there... if my pants fall, there is something there... but the body hair... my goodness, it's too painful...

Old 02-15-2007, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iroquoispliskin View Post
i like boxers because i know something is there... if my pants fall, there is something there... but the body hair... my goodness, it's too painful...
Now, really, have your pants ever fallen?! I've never seen that happen in my entire life- except for the teens with them down around their a**.

I always check my shoes when leaving a public restroom to make sure that toilet paper isn't trailing behind, but that's because it happened to me once...at the opera!!!

Old 02-15-2007, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
Now, really, have your pants ever fallen?! I've never seen that happen in my entire life- except for the teens with them down around their a**.

I always check my shoes when leaving a public restroom to make sure that toilet paper isn't trailing behind, but that's because it happened to me once...at the opera!!!
lol No it hasn't happened... It's just a precaution. The weird things that happen these days!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting