Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2007, 07:37 PM

1,590 posts, read 1,670,668 times

Advertisements

It's not just that the drug itself is more harmful than popularly supposed. A lot of the seizures the DEA is making are not pure MDMA. In fact, some have no MDMA in them at all. Increasingly, the pills consist of "feel good" cocktails of three or four different chemicals, some of whose effects on the human nervous system are not well understood. And some consist of more toxic "designer" analogues that are cheaper to make, such as PMA. PMA just killed a young girl in Australia.

Get the word out! The kids really don't know what they're dealing with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2007, 10:17 PM

3,360 posts, read 12,274,820 times
Always good to talk to them early and often. There's no guarantee that what they might end up buying isn't rat poison. -- Now going to look up those initials you noted.

Old 02-27-2007, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post
Always good to talk to them early and often. There's no guarantee that what they might end up buying isn't rat poison. -- Now going to look up those initials you noted.
MDMA = 3, 4 methylenedioxymethylamphetamine
PMA = para methoxy amphetamine

Old 02-28-2007, 09:51 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,417,165 times
Back when i started doing nightclub security there was alot of people on 'e'. For the best part it was 'fine'. Whatever they want to do before they get to my club is fine, its their bodies. But as the drug became more popular it was crazy some of the stuff that was going into em. Rat poison, horse tranquelizers you name it, its probably in it. Its crazy that somebody would want to take it. I dont do drugs, but im not an anti-drug person either. If somebody takes it they take it. But man, i cant understand somebody wanting to pop somehting with rat poison in it.

Old 03-01-2007, 08:05 AM

Default Some misconceptions and how they get started

"Rat poison" - Once upon a time, people used to take strychnine as a medicine. It was frequently given to people who had what is called "depression" nowadays. It has been found in street drugs, but not too often, as it's hard to come by for the average person.

"Horse tranquilizer" - By this, people frequently mean phencylidine, or PCP. Some drug company invented PCP, they had a patent on it at one point. It's what is called a "dissociative anesthetic." I think they used it on animals, at one point, as they continue to use its chemical cousin, ketamine.

My friend, I'm not "anti-drug" either. It just gives me the willies to think about kids who have no idea what risks they're taking eating tablets of concoctions of God knows what without really knowing what they're doing.

Old 03-01-2007, 08:28 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,635,214 times
BrianH and Dedalus I'm just curious. Do either of you have children? I just wonder if you don't, do you think your "not anti-drug attitude" would change if you did.

Old 03-01-2007, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
BrianH and Dedalus I'm just curious. Do either of you have children? I just wonder if you don't, do you think your "not anti-drug attitude" would change if you did.
I do not. And, I think my attitudes would change about a number of things if I did.

By not being "anti-drug", I do not mean that I'm an advocate of legalization. I've known several people, nice people too, who died of drug OD's. In one case, I had no idea the man was even a user. He was a guy I did business with, then, one day, he just wasn't there no more. Very sobering.

Old 03-01-2007, 02:48 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,417,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
Yes i have two young boys. Youve got to understand, just because im not anti drug dosent mean that i encourage people to use it! If somebody wants to take 'e' or acid or whatever they want, tehy can go ahead and take it, but im not. As far as my boys go, i would encourage them not to take drugs. But i couldnt care less if other people want to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting