Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 01:46 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,813,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv80s View Post
I know everyone means well when they say I need to feed my kid "real" food and believe me he does eat "real" food. So he eats chicken nuggets or fish sticks occasionally, Big Deal. I don't feed him that kind of stuff everyday or even every week. I DO NOT give him junk food, Kid Cuisine, Lunchables, Koolaid, etc. I know moms who do and that is their business. For the most part he eats what we eat and our meals are fairly healthy and nutricious. He would rather take a few bites of food and then play or eat something else. Sometimes it hardly seems like he is eating anything (and I know they do this) but he is growing fast so I know I must be doing something right, lol.

I really appreciate everyones suggestions and they are good ones. Marymel, I have seen the book you are talking about at my local library so I will check to see if it is available next time I'm there. Irishmom, the garden idea sounds neat! I love it only we just moved into an apartment and don't have anywhere to put one. The town I moved to will start there farmers markets soon so I will take him with me when I do my shopping there. In the grocery store he would rather try toppling over the oranges from his grocery basket seat, hehehe.
Honestly I figured the chicken nuggets and fish sticks were the main thing your child was eating as it was the ONLY thing my first one would eat when he was that age (and french fries of course), so I wasn't judging you just remembering my own situation. Sorry if it was offensive. As for the garden idea...even without a big space you can grow some stuff in pots or window boxes...you may want to try that...I just think it's cool to grow stuff and seriously when we "harvest" the veggies from the garden the kids suddenly can't wait to eat vegetables...it's amazing. My second was an "orange toppler" and anything else he could get his hands on too!...oy vey I feel for you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2007, 08:20 PM

36 posts, read 109,391 times
It's crazy, but our four year old is the typical picky eater...and he LOVES....salad?!?! And on days we don't eat that well so he's picky, we're bad and bribe him with dessert (that darned gumball machine my husband bought before they were born!!)....if he doesn't eat dinner, he doesn't get a gumball...and blammo! It's gone!!

Old 05-07-2007, 12:00 PM

267 posts, read 1,835,529 times
No offense taken Irishmom. I wish junk food were healthy because it would make things so much easier, lol. Yep, my little one loves french fries. I make him baked sweet potatoe fries and he really likes that alot too (and so do I!).

Old 05-07-2007, 07:24 PM

356 posts, read 1,268,593 times
get some V8 juice. I get the kind with fruit and veggies. I know it has a lot of sugar but he doesnt eat sweets so it is ok and he gets some veggies.

I also cover steamed carrots with butter and brown sugar and I sprinkle sweet potato with cinnamon, that is all he will eat.

Oh he also will eat Organic greens bars, he loves them and they are filled with veggies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting