Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2007, 01:51 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,822,453 times

Advertisements

Well my little guy is back in his bed after a couple of weeks of musical beds...but now I have a new problem. I got so used to him being crushed up against me sleeping that now I'm waking up because the bed feels empty!...LOL Don't get me wrong I'm glad he's back in his room I just find it odd that I miss the squished factor while sleeping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2007, 06:49 PM

930 posts, read 718,437 times
Try sleeping next to a body pillow.

Old 05-06-2007, 07:50 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,725,820 times
I know exactly what you're saying Irishmom! My little guy loves to come in during the middle of the night and cram between us. And many nights when my wife is on the couch due to her asthma he will come in to keep daddy company. When he's not there I feel a bit lonely. It's odd since I really want him to sleep in his own bed and sometimes get frustrated when I roll over only to be stopped by a little body next to me. Odd isn't it?

Old 05-06-2007, 11:07 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,822,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
I know exactly what you're saying Irishmom! My little guy loves to come in during the middle of the night and cram between us. And many nights when my wife is on the couch due to her asthma he will come in to keep daddy company. When he's not there I feel a bit lonely. It's odd since I really want him to sleep in his own bed and sometimes get frustrated when I roll over only to be stopped by a little body next to me. Odd isn't it?
Thank goodness I'm not a total wacko...and there is someone who gets this. I really wake up two or three times a night because no one is squishing me...LOL I'm sure I'll get used to it again. My husband and I both sleep at the edge of the bed and we have a king sized bed...so I actually have to move over to reach him...that's how my little one got in so many nights with out us even noticing it!...LOL Maybe now that he's back in his room the dogs will move back into our bed and then I'll be comfortable and squished again.

Old 05-06-2007, 11:20 PM

1,308 posts, read 3,405,202 times
I'm in the same boat. I know that it's unhealthy for a marriage but I told my wife the other night that humans are the only creatures that don't sleep with their offspring. We allow our two kids sleep with us one night a week. My little one (4) asks us every night if it's Friday night.

Old 05-09-2007, 08:43 AM

2,825 posts, read 6,931,935 times
I sleep with my daughter every night and love it. There is a whole parenting philosophy that encourages bed sharing (also called co-sleeping), called attachment parenting (read Dr. Sears). I don't think it is necessarily unhealthy for a marriage - probably depends on the marriage! I don't see why I should get to sleep all cuddled up to my husband, but my daughter should have to sleep all alone when I don't even want to sleep alone and I'm an adult! She does start the night in her own room and then comes in bed with me later on when she wakes in the night, so my husband and I get some alone time before that. Oh, and the two dogs sleep with us too! They don't want to be left out!

http://www.parenting.com/parenting/article/0,19840,648432,00.html (broken link)

Old 05-09-2007, 11:06 AM

1,372 posts, read 5,213,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Well my little guy is back in his bed after a couple of weeks of musical beds...but now I have a new problem. I got so used to him being crushed up against me sleeping that now I'm waking up because the bed feels empty!...LOL Don't get me wrong I'm glad he's back in his room I just find it odd that I miss the squished factor while sleeping.
I don't normally let Kevin sleep in the bed with me but on occasions we have a "sleepover"
I have a large sectional couch and he sleeps at one end ....I at the other
It's just fun for him
his brother and sisters are older
ages 20...17...15... and Kevin 7

he always sees them going off to friends houses and such it kinda hurts his feelings when he can't do it as much so we have our sleepovers and we eat popcorn and watch movies until we fall asleep on the couch

Try that sometime Irish you will gain as much joy out of it as your son will

Old 05-09-2007, 11:15 AM

1,308 posts, read 3,405,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVentive View Post
I sleep with my daughter every night and love it. There is a whole parenting philosophy that encourages bed sharing (also called co-sleeping), called attachment parenting (read Dr. Sears). I don't think it is necessarily unhealthy for a marriage - probably depends on the marriage! I don't see why I should get to sleep all cuddled up to my husband, but my daughter should have to sleep all alone when I don't even want to sleep alone and I'm an adult! She does start the night in her own room and then comes in bed with me later on when she wakes in the night, so my husband and I get some alone time before that. Oh, and the two dogs sleep with us too! They don't want to be left out!

http://www.parenting.com/parenting/article/0,19840,648432,00.html (broken link)

I totally agree with you.

Old 05-09-2007, 11:24 AM

108 posts, read 475,668 times
This subject just makes me laugh! We finally got a king-sized bed a year ago, so I wouldn't feel "squished". Let me tell you, I still end up hugging the side of the bed because my two (5-year-old and 18-month-old) are in the bed with us. I think I have shoulder/back pain because I'm so contorted at night! But I'm with you guys, I love that warm snuggly feeling of having the baby in my arms. She woke me up at 4 AM the other morning to give me a kiss. SO SWEET!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting