Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2009, 12:03 PM

114 posts, read 713,554 times

Advertisements

Weather you live here or pass thru- I am tired of picking up your litter. Candy wrappers- cigarette packages, soda bottles, beer bottles, potato chip bags, freeze pop wrappers, cigarette butts.

Do you think the streets, sidewalks and yards magically clean themself?

Mess your own place not mine!!

PA Crimes Code, Title 18, Chapter 65 - scattering rubbish; illegally deposited trash that lands on public or private property. Can include someone illegally d umping their own trash or someone who is paid to dispose of waste Penalties: considered a summary offense, imposes a fine of not less than $50, nor more than $300, or imprisonment for not more than 90 days or both
Local Ordinances: municipal police can cite littering and illegal dumping under local ordinances, if the ordinances specifically mention the offenses. The following ordinances may contain language about littering and illegal dumping: recycling and solid waste, littering, illegal dumping, littered properties, parks and recreation, and theft of services. Penalties: Fines vary by ordinance and are set by the local district justice. Fines collected are returned to the local municipality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 02:19 PM

393 posts, read 1,530,469 times
Cliff

Go to the page on the link below and click on "Sunbury's on Top" on the right side of the page.

Fox Rivera- Sloppy Secondz on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Old 09-07-2009, 12:24 PM

114 posts, read 713,554 times
I do the crime watch on my mountain bike. I fully understand people who are low on cash. (applies to me) But there are alot of things a person can do that are cheap or free to make the city nice. Pull weeds- get rid of the clutter- paint- heck $5 for mistint paint. I was at the big rally about Sunbury a while back. Where the point was to have pride. Well- a few of us have it-- but many dont try in the slightest. Again- it doesnt take big money to make the place shine.

My brother and sister live out of state. My sister said the area has slid. My brother said nothing but losers live in PA. A buddy has seen pics of the flood wall from FL- he said it was "absolutely hideous".

...Again- I am on the bike in and out of alleys- all over town. And the blight is more then you see in a car wizzing by.

If everyone took just 15 minutes to tidy up their yard- the city would be a nicer place.

Old 09-12-2009, 07:43 PM

11 posts, read 31,478 times
Red face clean up in sunbury

I truly agree!I live on Market Street and too many people feel the need to deposit litter in my front and side yard.
I try and try and I do not have a large amout of money. I try to do something to my home every year. I keep my grass cut and my trees trimed. I also keep junk off my front porch.
It is better to have sparse or nothing then to have clutter and junk!

Old 05-23-2010, 08:14 AM

26 posts, read 81,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armynse View Post
I truly agree!I live on Market Street and too many people feel the need to deposit litter in my front and side yard.
I try and try and I do not have a large amout of money. I try to do something to my home every year. I keep my grass cut and my trees trimed. I also keep junk off my front porch.
It is better to have sparse or nothing then to have clutter and junk!
All I can say is AMEN!!!!! I can't tell you the amount of people I've yelled at for throwing trash out their car window as they go by, or toss it down as they walk. I've even gone as far as pick it up and throw it back in their car if they park after doing it, and the look on their faces when they find the trash reappearing is priceless.

Old 05-23-2010, 05:55 PM

1,271 posts, read 2,593,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetcliff View Post
My brother and sister live out of state. My sister said the area has slid. My brother said nothing but losers live in PA. A buddy has seen pics of the flood wall from FL- he said it was "absolutely hideous".
The flood wall has been there so long that not many people alive remember what it looked like before it was built after the flood of 1936.

I remember this was on the wall years after this picture was taken, but a lot of other towns along the river were pissed what the wall did to their water levels.

If they removed it you might find a solution for your street cleaning though.

Old 05-24-2010, 07:45 AM

712 posts, read 1,971,165 times
Why are you posting your rants here?

Why not place an ad in your local newspaper or even have a newspaper reporter come to your neighborhood and do an article on the trash problem in your neighborhood?

Old 05-24-2010, 08:14 AM

24,405 posts, read 23,061,247 times
I drive thru Sunbury every year and believe me, your trash problem might annoy you but it is minor compared to other cities. Reading has trash everywhere. People just don't have the mental capacity to be able to think to throw trash away in a can. Many don't have garbage pickup so they haul their trash out and dump it along the mountain or highway. They redo their homes and haul the old fixtures and furniture away and dump them. Philly is the same way as are many of the bigger cities.
They should make it mandatory for school students to spend a few Saturdays a school year picking up trash so maybe they'd realize what a mess they make. Maybe they'd also be able to teach their parents not to throw trash wherever they feel like it.
Reading has done some pretty crappy public awareness signs, they contracted a loser company from Philly to do some really talentless attempts at promoting self esteem, or something. People never really knew what they were suppsoed to mean. They could do one picturing a broom and say you sweep with this. Or show a trash can and have it say trash goes in here. Jolt people and shock them into acting responsibly. The city is bankrupt, why not start actively catching litterers and start slapping $100 fines on them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania