Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2010, 09:55 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,694,300 times

Advertisements

The Pizza Hut in Shamokin Dam has added a Wednesday evening dinner buffet. The first one was last night. They haven't advertised, but are relying on word of mouth. My son works there so we knew about it. We (husband, myself and other two kids) went and attendance was sparse. My son was working last night and said people were very pleasantly surprised when they walked in and saw the buffet table operating. We enjoyed our dinner and look forward to the buffet again as a suppertime option.

I believe the adult cost is $7.49 and my two kids, age 10 and 8, were $2.49 each.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 05:26 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,917,820 times
Has anybody else noticed a difference of the buffet compared to a year ago? Things just don't seem to be as good. Do they use the mia pizzas on the buffet? Last time we went there was pretty much only thin crusted pizza with limited toppings. Bummer as it was one of my favorite places to eat.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:54 AM

R.J., they don't use Pizza Mias on the buffet, but they only do mediums - probably because more will fit. I think they use hand tossed crusts - or something a bit thicker than the cracker-thin thin crust. If you want something that isn't there, ask. They'll be glad to make something for you.

Old 05-19-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawne View Post
R.J., they don't use Pizza Mias on the buffet, but they only do mediums - probably because more will fit. I think they use hand tossed crusts - or something a bit thicker than the cracker-thin thin crust. If you want something that isn't there, ask. They'll be glad to make something for you.
That's cool they would make something for you. The last couple times they have seemed to have numerous pizzas of the same out (with mushrooms or green peppers which I hate. There was hardly any pepperoni or ham/pineapple that was always on in abundance. Pizza taste just seems to have gone downhill in some way (maybe dry?). A family member thought the same thing the last two or three times we have gone. We've been going on and off for the last five years. I miss going there and might break down and see if anything has changed since the last time I went about six months ago.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:15 AM

R.J., we went again last night and I took special notice of what crusts were out. They had thin, hand tossed and pan, with various toppings. They had one with pineapple that I think was pan pizza, and something with chicken that I believe was hand tossed. They had thin plain cheese, hand tossed pepperoni, pan supreme, and some others. They usually put out at least one dessert pizza, either cherry or apple, and sometimes both. They had pasta with Alfredo sauce, regular breadsticks with marinara sauce, and cinnamon breadsticks. And of course, the regular salad bar and drinks.

The only problem with making a request is that you have to wait for it to appear and then hope no one else gets it all before you get up there. They also still have their any pizza, any size for $10 (stuffed crust is $1 more).

Business was still slow last night, which surprised me, but I guess it'll take a while for the word to get out. My son was working again and said we were there during the "peak" and only about 1/3 of the restaurant was full. I know the lunchtime buffet is often packed with people waiting in line.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:07 AM

The more I think about it the last couple times we have gone to the lunch buffet it's been about a 1/4 full at most. Certain pizza types just weren't disappearing and having new ones come out (having three or four pans of half taken pizza then). I'm going tomorrow with a friend to get the 10 dollar deal. It's pretty cool they have kept that special going for this long. I'll probably hit the buffet again as I'm not sure I can keep away and will give it another chance.

Old 05-22-2010, 03:42 PM

Got a take out pizza yesterday and it was really good. I've always enjoyed the atmosphere there and customer service so I'll give the buffet a few more tries. Will have to hit the dinner buffet sometime too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania