Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2012, 12:18 AM

5 posts, read 8,878 times

Advertisements

Hi I am desperately trying to find my half brother with a possibility of two names: Arthur Brooks or Donald Baker Jr. or a combo of those names. My name is: Denise Cygan (Baker) born: 10/9/1963 in Hartford, CT. I live in Newington, CT and have lived in many other cities including New Britain, CT.
His birth dad was my dad: Donald Oran Baker. (6/3/39-11/89)
His birth mom: Carol Brooks. I don't know if she is dead or alive and haven't seen her since this all
happened.
Her last name could of also been Baker. I don't know if my dad married her or not. My brother was born around the years of: 1974-1978 in Meriden, CT, New Haven County. Also Carol had a favorite brother who is/was: Arthur Brooks who lived in Meriden, CT. AS far as where her parents lived I don't know.
As far as her brother and parents still being alive or deceased, I don't that either.

When Artie was around two years old,(I think around '76 or so) he and his birth mom, Carol lived on the corner of Oak St and Putnam St in New Britain, CT. Also around this time, the Dept of Children and Youth Services had to step in and take Artie as she was not mentally capable to care for him.
I was only a kid at that time so I sadly was not
able to do anything for him. This has killed me for the last thirty years. Anyways, me and my mom heard through the grape vine a few or so years after that that Artie went into a foster home either in New Britain or Meriden Ct. Or he could of gone to live with his uncle in Meriden, CT Arthur Brooks, or with his maternal grandparents, where they lived I don't know. I don't even know their names. We also heard that
he was, most likely, adopted out. Now I don't know this for a fact or not. I know there are probably a lot of questions re: my dad and why he couldn't take care of the baby. Put it this: my dad was a man that had to have a woman in his life to take care of him and also he had some drinking issues of his own. Actually my dad was very well known in Meriden CT esp around the bar rooms. Umm I think his favorite bar in Meriden, CT was The Sportsman. And he also loved loved Elvis Presley and would play
his guitar and sing and entertain people in the bars mostly Elvis songs, which he could sing so well.
And also he was one of the best, if not THE best, carpenters out there around this time. So maybe someone out there knew him, or about him, and knows something regarding my dads only son and my
only brother. Also, my dads best friend name was David Smith and the smiths lived next door to Smitty's Snack Bar, and actually owned it. That's about all I can remember 'about stuff that was going
on round that time in my dad's life. Also, my dad has a sister, Donna Mae. If anyone out there knows
of my dad and the baby he had with Carol and has any info I'd truly appreciate it.

As far as what Artie looked like. He had beautiful bright big blue eyes, and his hair was very blonde. I have been thinking about him and meeting him as far back as I can remember.
I would really appreciate any info or any help with this as I have searched off and on since I have gotten my computer in 2002. As far as hiring a PI, or paying money to find him, I am not financially well off enough to do this; probably just like a lot of people out there looking for loved ones as well.

With that I will sign off, wow it's 214 am here in CT!! And I would like to wish all of us the best of luck
with finding out loved ones with either whom we lost touch with or have yet to meet them. With love..Denise Cygan Baker
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2014, 11:16 AM

1 posts, read 1,324 times
Hi, my dad is David Smith, I knew your dad when I was a kid. I don't remember much from then, but if you haven't found your brother yet, I'll ask my dad if he knows anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search