Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2015, 01:12 PM

1,032 posts, read 2,710,076 times

Advertisements

Hello, what is the best and quickest way for me to get to the airport from Fernrock? Also does a regular weekly transpass allow me to ride the regional rail or would I need to get a trailpass?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2015, 02:09 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,898,317 times
I think the R5 from the Regional Rail Line would be your best option. A weekly Trail Pass would, although I am not sure of the zone you'll need to purchase. Zone 1 may more than likely be it though. They're about $27.00 for zone 1 and on weekends a regular trans pass is all you'll need to use Regional Rail....Well at least the R5. I just found this out last week as I needed to travel to Chalfont and was expecting a big snow storm so I chose the train over driving, and that worked out just fine.

Good Luck

Old 02-25-2015, 02:21 PM

10,227 posts, read 16,826,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sweetkisses* View Post
Hello, what is the best and quickest way for me to get to the airport from Fernrock? Also does a regular weekly transpass allow me to ride the regional rail or would I need to get a trailpass?
transpasses are good on the airport line but not to fernrock so you would have to buy a ticket from cc to fernrock. any airport train suit your needs. you could also take the subway to suburban and catch the train from there for free

Old 02-25-2015, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenses & Lights. View Post
I think the R5 from the Regional Rail Line would be your best option. A weekly Trail Pass would, although I am not sure of the zone you'll need to purchase. Zone 1 may more than likely be it though. They're about $27.00 for zone 1 and on weekends a regular trans pass is all you'll need to use Regional Rail....Well at least the R5. I just found this out last week as I needed to travel to Chalfont and was expecting a big snow storm so I chose the train over driving, and that worked out just fine.

Good Luck
Thank you

Old 02-25-2015, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman View Post
transpasses are good on the airport line but not to fernrock so you would have to buy a ticket from cc to fernrock. any airport train suit your needs. you could also take the subway to suburban and catch the train from there for free
So i can caych the train to suburban station and then hop on the train to the airport?

Old 02-25-2015, 05:44 PM

10,227 posts, read 16,826,095 times
Quote:
So i can caych the train to suburban station and then hop on the train to the airport?
Trans pass will get you the subway to suburban and the train to the airport. You can get an airport train st fern rock but they may charge you for the ride to cc but I'm not entirely certain about that last part

Old 02-25-2015, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman View Post
Trans pass will get you the subway to suburban and the train to the airport. You can get an airport train st fern rock but they may charge you for the ride to cc but I'm not entirely certain about that last part
Ok thank you

Old 02-25-2015, 06:51 PM

1,283 posts, read 2,227,311 times
Quote:
To combine a lot of what was already said into everything you need to know, and add a little more.

1) Your transpass will allow you to travel for free between any Center City Regional Rail station and the Airport stations.

2) You will have to pay for the Fern Rock to Center City portion of the trip, if it is on a weekday.

3) On a weekend or major holiday, you can use your transpass to travel anywhere on the regional rail system. Meaning on a weekend, you can ride from Fern Rock straight through to the airport for free.

4) Alternatively, during the week, you can also take the trip for free if you take the Broad Street Line from Fern Rock to City Hall Station and then walk to Suburban Station - where you can pick up the airport line, and ride for free from Center City to the airport.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:26 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,233,649 times
Alternatively, you could also take the 37 to the Broad Street Line. The 37 will take you to the Snyder station. From there, you can take the BSL from Snyder to Fern Rock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
View detailed profiles of: