Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 07:27 AM

4 posts, read 4,815 times

Advertisements

Check out Cedar Park! I'm close by to that area and have a roof deck (I don't have to share), close to regional rail, Bartram's Garden, close to Baltimore Ave, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2018, 08:41 PM

1,308 posts, read 1,243,030 times
Thank you again to everyone who has responded to this thread, whether to guide me to a certain neighborhood or to offer advice as to how to best position myself for financial stability later on in life! I would have loved to post more frequently, but this semester has kept me thoroughly busy with tons of coursework, interviews, a part-time job, and an internship.

On Tuesday, I received an offer for a position within my field! I am one of the lucky students who was able to secure a well-paying position with amazing benefits before graduation. Now that I know what my salary will be like and where my job is located, I have decided that I will consider neighborhoods in three large sections: the River Wards, Greater Center City, and West Philly. The office is located near the intersection of Routes 1 and 202 in Delaware County; however, it is still accessible by transit. Because of that, I'm now considering neighborhoods that are proximal to El stops. I'm going to take the El to 69th Street and transfer to the bus (alternatively, I could take the Wilmington/Newark Line to Chester and transfer to a bus). I don't mind a long commute, as that's what I used to do as a little kid growing up in West Philly!

Within these sections, I'm considering the following neighborhoods:

River Wards/North Philly: Fishtown, East Kensington, Olde Richmond, Olde Kensington/South Kensington, Norris Square, and Northern Liberties

Greater Center City: All CC neighborhoods, Bella Vista, and POSSIBLY Spring Garden/Fairmount

West Philly: University City, Cedar Park, Walnut Hill, Spruce Hill, Squirrel Hill, and Cobbs Creek

I'm going to start searching. My optimistic move-in date is July, August is the most realistic, and September is the latest I'm willing to wait. I can't wait to see what I can find! I love this city with all of my heart, and I plan to eventually buy a house somewhere when I have a family one day (most likely in the Northwest, although that's a long way away)!

Old 05-03-2018, 11:46 PM

14,358 posts, read 9,244,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan2013 View Post
I love this city with all of my heart, and I plan to eventually buy a house somewhere when I have a family one day (most likely in the Northwest, although that's a long way away)!
Buy your Germantown home now, while it's still affordable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia