Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2009, 03:01 PM

19 posts, read 75,207 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

I just came across this site and plan on doing some research reading through some of the threads here, but thought I could post a question to jump start my search.

I am looking at a possible move and am looking for some great towns to consider moving to within an hour drive of Trenton, NJ. Safety is number one as I will be away from home sometimes for a week at a time. My wife stays home with our two year old and we are expecting another little one in soon, so schools are also very important. I was halfway thinking about PA because I have heard taxes are lower. Going to start out renting and then probably buying a house within a year. Probably looking in the 300-400k for a 4 bed 2 bath house. I would ideally like to rent in the the same town/area I plan on purchasing.

Any suggestions on some nice areas with great schools and not too expensive houses????

Thanks in Advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 02:11 PM

274 posts, read 1,404,428 times
Maybe check out Yardley/Newtown area. It's a very nice area, with very good schools and fairly easy commute to Trenton.

Old 07-25-2009, 06:19 AM

1,983 posts, read 7,538,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0804tkg View Post
Hello All,

I just came across this site and plan on doing some research reading through some of the threads here, but thought I could post a question to jump start my search.

I am looking at a possible move and am looking for some great towns to consider moving to within an hour drive of Trenton, NJ. Safety is number one as I will be away from home sometimes for a week at a time. My wife stays home with our two year old and we are expecting another little one in soon, so schools are also very important. I was halfway thinking about PA because I have heard taxes are lower. Going to start out renting and then probably buying a house within a year. Probably looking in the 300-400k for a 4 bed 2 bath house. I would ideally like to rent in the the same town/area I plan on purchasing.

Any suggestions on some nice areas with great schools and not too expensive houses????

Thanks in Advance!
I suggest looking in Burlington County, NJ around the 295 corridor. Towns like Mount Laurel, Marlton have a lot of townhome/condo rentals you could probably even find a lease to own option in the current market. Work with a realtor on rentals. Trenton is less than a hour and traffic should not be bad. Depends on what time you are going up there and if you need to get on Rt 1 in Mercer County. If you go around rush hour it could add 15-20 minutes to your commute. There is a lot more to do in Burlington County than Bucks and there will be many more complexes with rentals to choose from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia