Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 06:16 PM

2 posts, read 3,399 times

Advertisements

That is idiotic. He should take the transcript and sue the City of Chandler.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 03:15 PM

523 posts, read 938,411 times
Unfortunately this is a common occurence which happens when people visit the Phoenix area. The state has removed their use of the radar, there are less tickets but the city ones remain in place. Since there are multiple tickets in this case, I would recommend asking the judge for leniency.

Old 10-14-2011, 03:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,055 times
Default fighting a radar speeding ticket in court

I'm trying to decide if I want to spend $200 on defensive driving school for this darned ticket or try to fight it.
Has anybody ever gone to court and had it dismissed?
I was driving 11 mph over the limit. Outside of the city limits. It is clear from the photos that there was neither any other vehicles behind or in front of me at all. The company truck, a beat up Silverado, has nothing functioning on the dashboard. The speedometer doesn't work and there was no flow of traffic to go by! I've never had a speeding ticket in the nearly 40 years I've been driving. Do you think I could fight my case? $239 is a bit steep, and I can't afford an attorney. Is it worth it?

Old 10-14-2011, 03:54 PM

39,106 posts, read 51,313,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayspeeder View Post
I'm trying to decide if I want to spend $200 on defensive driving school for this darned ticket or try to fight it.
Has anybody ever gone to court and had it dismissed?
I was driving 11 mph over the limit. Outside of the city limits. It is clear from the photos that there was neither any other vehicles behind or in front of me at all. The company truck, a beat up Silverado, has nothing functioning on the dashboard. The speedometer doesn't work and there was no flow of traffic to go by! I've never had a speeding ticket in the nearly 40 years I've been driving. Do you think I could fight my case? $239 is a bit steep, and I can't afford an attorney. Is it worth it?
So your defense is that your vehicle had an inoperative, required piece of equipment? Get real. Take the course.

Old 10-14-2011, 03:57 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,243,298 times
I'm just wondering how you got a photo ticket outside of city limits as only cities are running the program at this point (and it's been that way for a quite a while) and they are typically located on roads that have lower speed limits (difference between 46 in a 35 and 76 in a 65, etc)

Old 02-02-2013, 02:11 PM

1 posts, read 827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
Umm...could you elaborate?
I got this message also. Does anyone have any more info on this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area