Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2020, 08:05 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,594,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
Not a large income earner so looking for lowest price area I can find that would still
be considered safe. Mesa is a city ive visited before so have some limited familiarity with, but not enough familiarity to know safe or high crime areas. The other cities selected because ive been told they are lower priced but still safe areas but I haven’t visited them yet.
Do you have an idea of whereabouts you’ll be working and how much of a commute you are willing to do though. Moving to Pinal County is a great option. That’s the whole con right there. I really think STV is going to be the place to look for you. It’s very safe, very new and affordable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2020, 10:17 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,990,094 times
They are flexible on workplace. So it’s more affordability thst is the driving factor.

Old 12-05-2020, 02:28 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcajones View Post
Because I’m nuts haha. I love it out here. Went from a crappy apartment I hated in Mesa to a cool country house with a big yard and cut the housing expenses too. The commute does suck but to me it’s worth it. I had my fill of the city. Not only is it cheaper but it’s really laid back and I love the town. We only have a handful of restaurants but they are all good and there is a local grocery store that’s awesome too. The commute to my office in Gilbert is about 33 miles but no traffic. 87-Gilbert Road. Honestly it’s an easier commute than STV would have been, where I was initially looking.
I couldn't do it, I already work 13 hrs per day on average, so enjoy my 15 min drive each way (live downtown, works at 43rd Ave&Elwood). Plus I love the city

Old 12-21-2020, 08:23 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,254,574 times
A friend of mine who I work with recently moved to San Tan Valley because the new builds are much more of a bargain than what can be found in metro Phoenix. Technically, San Tan Valley is part of the metro area, but it's far flung exurbia ... similar to the distance from Moreno Valley to L.A., or McKinney to Dallas. The big difference is there is no direct freeway access to San Tan Valley as of now.

Of course the big drawback to living in a location like this is the commute ... however, if working from home becomes the norm, then more white collar people who are able to have home offices might consider the exurbs due to their greater affordability. I suspect that if & when the COVID threat subsides, traffic congestion will worsen again, so the ones who can't work from home will have to find ways to contend with the long commutes, or live closer to their jobs.

Old 12-27-2020, 10:27 PM

4 posts, read 7,460 times
I think it depends on if you have to travel for work or it doesn't matter. I'm in Central Mesa and everything around me that I need. The drawback is the busy city noise and traffic. So San Tan may be best for you but I think San Tan still growing. I don't know much of the area but it is quite south from Mesa so there are other places closer. Mesa is starting to get a bit pricey. I remember renting an apartment in 2016 for $930 nice townhome style with 1 car garage. Now that apartment is close to $1400..it is winter so closer to summer time prices might get cheaper.

Old 01-12-2021, 07:17 AM

2 posts, read 1,727 times
Default This is to Texas seven thankful to God.

Try 85120. I am also a single woman and Christian and value freedom. I found my house on Craigslist. It is on the border of Apache Junction. Apache Junction has two zip codes 85119 and 85120. They also have 2 counties, Pinal and Maricopa.I am in Far Far Far East Mesa with the ZIP code 85120 Maricopa county unincorporated. It is cheap, it is way behind the times, it is safe, and I wouldn't trade it for anywhere. I go all over the Phoenix area picking up things up off of offer up and Facebook Marketplace and I'm always always glad to get home. My veterinarian and my car mechanic are about 14 miles away west but that's okay with me. I'm between 2 Walmarts, averaging one mile away. I prayed Matthew 7 verses 7 & 8. People actually wave at me in my own front yard walking or driving by.
Get a place on it's own land. Do not ever accept HOA. He will help you.
85208 is to the west of me. Parts of it are unincorporated also. It doesn't seem as safe. AJ is an incorporated City. Rules. It's very quaint and I love it but I'm glad I'm on the County Island. I'll help you however I can. Pray Matthew:7: 7-8.

Old 10-22-2023, 02:32 AM

17 posts, read 9,627 times
New to San Tan Valley, and so far it is really nice! The Fry's on Bella Vista Road seems kind of ghetto though.

Old 10-27-2023, 10:47 AM

1,943 posts, read 2,294,075 times
PHX metro is nuts too much of everything , I would live as far out as I could on the edge of civilization as I could , provided there is a reasonably priced grocery store within 10 or 15 mins , far east Queen Creek , San Tan Valley , Hunts Hwy , Gantzel rd , Gold canyon, Florence ,they are building all the way down in Florence where the prices are lower .

Pinal county :

https://www.centurycommunities.com/f...stition-vista/

this is Gold canyon ,,, way east ( south east of Apache Junction )
https://www.kbhome.com/new-homes-pho..._medium=kg_web

Magic Ranch Starlight homes
https://www.newhomesource.com/commun...t-homes/149421

Old 10-27-2023, 10:53 AM

720 posts, read 733,642 times
Quote:
Not a large income earner so looking for lowest price area I can find that would still
be considered safe. Mesa is a city ive visited before so have some limited familiarity with, but not enough familiarity to know safe or high crime areas. The other cities selected because ive been told they are lower priced but still safe areas but I haven’t visited them yet.
Are you looking to rent or buy? will you be working? where will your activities take you? that is more important. What is your budget? work with someone/realtor who can find you a perfect place that fits your needs and budget, you wouldn't have to pay them, they would get paid from seller and/or landlord.

Old 10-27-2023, 11:01 AM

13,689 posts, read 7,973,244 times
Quote:
Looking to move to Mesa area but have been told Apache Junction or San Tan Valley may also work. What are the better or safer areas in these three cities for a single woman with modest prices home, not looking for high end? Maybe zip codes I should look in? Thanks in advance for your help.
I wouldn't recommend Apache Junction. There are nice areas in Mesa but mainly on the East side.

San Tan is your best bet if you can afford the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area