Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2022, 02:09 PM

4,071 posts, read 5,147,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsell View Post
You didn't see the details of that "career progression"

Walmart's Career progression.

Working as an associate making $15/hour, working less than 30 hours a week. They don't want to cross 29 hours because that's "full time" under the Obamacare law and would have to provide benefits.

"Promoted" to "assistant manager" making $65K salary working 80-90 hour weeks. No paid overtime! Oh and good luck taking any PTO. It takes pulling teeth to get anything approved.

99% of the tasks you do daily are the same as an associate's tasks.

(hint: Your effective hourly rate just went down the toilet to below minimum wage - this is not a real promotion, they're just trying to cut your hourly rate)

After 10 years of not taking time off, yay! You can get promoted to store manager. Then you get to work 100+ hours a week. And you finally get to do management stuff you were supposed to do as an "assistant manager"

Drop dead of a heart attack.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Also Walmart: "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, we have a shortage of store managers"
Wait....so your definition of a "career job" is working retail?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2022, 03:39 PM

13,741 posts, read 7,999,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
Can you cite your work? Where are you getting this info?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsell View Post
I talked to people who work in these big box stores. That's how they do things.

I always confirm with people in the trenches.

edit: Perhaps they're making a change to their old ways in this program. Perhaps. I'm not expecting much.
Remember, a big ship takes a long time to course correct.

In other words, you’re making **** up.

However, I'll still give you a C for effort, and a pat on the head.

Old 05-17-2022, 09:36 PM

9,742 posts, read 11,163,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
In other words, you’re making **** up.

However, I'll still give you a C for effort, and a pat on the head.
I figured he was an HR manager, recruiter, training supervisor, AND a TED Talk lecturer.

Old 05-18-2022, 02:38 PM

357 posts, read 222,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Last two rentals I placed: averaged 80 text inquires each within 48 hours.

1/2 or 40 provided no information. Just wanted to see the property. I didn't contact them.

1/2 or 40 provided credit score, income, number of occupants and pet/no pet.

1/2 or 20 showed credit score over 670, accumulative gross income over 100k and multiply occupants.

10 had 3 (or 4) working adults which might cause problems given the HOA parking restrictions.

10 were couples with children. One or both adults working.

Showed the homes and both were rented in under 72 hours.

I market my rentals just under market rate ($100.) If I show a property to applicants they are well-qualified and often have other rentals they are interested in. I want them to choose mine.

Those applying from out of state: I'm uncomfortable accepting anyone without a chance to meet and talk with in person.

Got applicants offering to pay 4 -6 months rent in advance. However, that's because they have a terrible credit score. Sorry but under 600... no thanks. No Section 8 either.

A glimpse into the future?
https://www.city-data.com/forum/63428395-post4.html
What happened to your renters in homes? Like why did they move out?

Old 05-18-2022, 03:01 PM

13,741 posts, read 7,999,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchz View Post
What happened to your renters in homes? Like why did they move out?
I removed one long-term tenant because I wanted to fix up the property and raise the rent. They moved in 2016 and were paying a good $800 under market rate. They turned out to be crummy renters who left my property pretty beat-up. (My previous property manager placed them) I spent 13k getting the home back into shape.

The other couple wanted to move closer to their daughter high school which was in Gilbert. Don't know why the girl was going to school in Gilbert when they lived in Chandler.

Last edited by john3232; 05-18-2022 at 04:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area