Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support legalized marijuana in AZ?
I do not use marijuana. I am against the legalization of marijuana. 5 21.74%
I do not use marijuana, however I do support legalized marijuana. 10 43.48%
I support legalized marijuana and am a marijuana user. 8 34.78%
Other, I will explain below with a comment. 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2023, 06:24 AM

1,024 posts, read 1,468,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
Is it true the THC levels are now incredibly high (or at least way higher than back then)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Based on my scientific research and my ability to compare/contrast the buzz level from 40 years ago to today....

Yes...
Yes, it is more potent. From what I read online, the average THC % in the 70's was around 5%; whereas now you commonly find flower that tests at 20-30%. And I agree with YAZ, that the benefit of that is that one only needs one or two puffs to achieve the desired effect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2023, 09:31 AM

2,809 posts, read 3,202,932 times
On a recent trip to Flagstaff I noticed so many vape shops. Is vaping among the student / younger population as popular as smoking was with the Greatest Generation?

Old 09-23-2023, 01:04 PM
YAZ

7,705 posts, read 14,153,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potential_Landlord View Post
On a recent trip to Flagstaff I noticed so many vape shops. Is vaping among the student / younger population as popular as smoking was with the Greatest Generation?
I was in a dispensary a year and a half ago and noticed that the "vape & edible" areas were about 3/4 of the store.

So, I've been twice.

It's weird. Used to be....go to your pal's that you have mutual trust with. Buy a dime bag and smoke a joint and chill out for a while.

Now... armed security, an ATM, 20 different strains of pot, and a legitimate head shop.

Almost asked if they sold concert tickets and records.

Old 09-23-2023, 04:28 PM

2,041 posts, read 904,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlegirlinaz View Post
I don't use marijuana and I'm against legalization. Potheads are disgusting but so are cigarette smokers and vapers.
I find judgemental people disgusting. If it's not your thing, I get it, but calling someone disgusting because they enjoy something that you don't?

Old 09-23-2023, 05:37 PM

4,186 posts, read 2,612,078 times
You can check them out on Leafly. Just change the location in the upper right hand. Then you can see what they have to offer, and read about the qualities of each strain. That way you don't have to walk into a store blind. Very helpful site

https://www.leafly.com/

--------------------

Old 09-23-2023, 05:48 PM

4,186 posts, read 2,612,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
Is it true the THC levels are now incredibly high (or at least way higher than back then)?
There is weed with much lower levels of THC. So you don't have to buy the really strong ones. I generally take just one hit from a pipe, and let it go out. Your purchase can last a very long time when done that way. I also don't party which saves $ too.

I prefer sativa, or sativa hybred with the qualities of happy, energetic, and creative. I don't like couch lock. I also don't like edibles since it's difficult for me to judge the dose. They also take an hour, or two to kick in. So don't take more thinking it isn't working. Got very sick that way.
But that is just me.

I enjoy the citrus strains, and Pinapple Upsidedown Cake was very nice. Lower THC content as well.

Last edited by mlulu23; 09-23-2023 at 06:03 PM..

Old 09-23-2023, 08:31 PM
YAZ

7,705 posts, read 14,153,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenvalleyfan View Post
I find judgemental people disgusting. If it's not your thing, I get it, but calling someone disgusting because they enjoy something that you don't?

She might not be fun at parties.

Disgusting?

Nope.

A pleasure to be around?

Maybe. Maybe not.

Her input is just as valid as ours.

Stay cool.

Old 09-23-2023, 10:30 PM

14,137 posts, read 8,257,046 times
I've been into the Flower Store on Higley and University. My first thought was give me an ounce of your best weed... and they had some very nice pot. Nothing better than waking up in the morning to a bowl of excellent weed esp. if I didn’t have to work (and sometimes when I did…)

But that's my problem. Can't just take a toke or two before watching Netflix after dinner. I abused pot the same as I did alcohol. Now, I have no problem with others smoking weed (or drinking.) However, if they under the influence when driving and get caught throw the book at them.

It's not that unusual for me to see a driver weaving on the road here in Mesa during the evening.

Last edited by john3232; 09-23-2023 at 11:08 PM..

Old 09-24-2023, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
I've been into the Flower Store on Higley and University. My first thought was give me an ounce of your best weed... and they had some very nice pot. Nothing better than waking up in the morning to a bowl of excellent weed esp. if I didn’t have to work (and sometimes when I did…)

But that's my problem. Can't just take a toke or two before watching Netflix after dinner. I abused pot the same as I did alcohol. Now, I have no problem with others smoking weed (or drinking.) However, if they under the influence when driving and get caught throw the book at them.

It's not that unusual for me to see a driver weaving on the road here in Mesa during the evening.
There's a better chance that they are texting and driving rather than smoking pot or drinking. That's what I see on a daily basis. Someone weaving and staring down at their crotch.

Old 09-24-2023, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
She might not be fun at parties.

Disgusting?

Nope.

A pleasure to be around?

Maybe. Maybe not.

Her input is just as valid as ours.

Stay cool.
That's your opinion which I can respect because it's not insulting to others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area