Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2023, 11:11 AM

720 posts, read 733,642 times

Advertisements

Why not S. Tempe or Ahwatukee or Chandler? seems similar in price these days to QC and Peoria and they're much closer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2023, 01:24 AM

2,072 posts, read 1,640,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohitr View Post
Hi all,

Not able to decide between Queen Creek and Peoria, AZ for moving to a new home. Work is in Tempe, so distance-wise both look almost similar. Peoria looks well developed, and Queen Creek seems to be growing but don't see many options comparatively, like a mall, restaurants, etc, and have to drive to Gilbert or Chandler. Main criteria: Schools, malls, entertainment, restaurants, quality of life, and distance to nice places.

TIA
I have lived and worked in North Phoenix not too far from Thunderbird Mountain. I also live in Tempe and have driven to Queen Creek many times. That stretch from 202 to go to downtown on I-10 or north on route 51 is just truly annoying. The anxiety of trying to get into that lane to go north gets high for me.

The drive to Queen Creek is somewhat easier. It depends on which part you live because the area is sprawled out. If the home is closer to the north or northwest side near 202 or 24, then it would seem somewhat easier. The homes are generally brand new and relatively more affordable than North Phoenix.

I know Queen Creek fairly well and understand it has a large, dense Mormon community. So, it would also lean far right with that "MAGA" context. I know many Arizonans from my childhood who would staunchly prefer that and feel right at home. I also know many "woke" young adults in Tempe who would hate it. I don't know where you fall on that religious and political perspective, but it would be something to take into account.

Those homes are awesome down there in Queen Creek. If this were 1976, I would recommend Peoria - lol. Back then, it was much "closer" due to less traffic and density. I remember visiting a cousin in early childhood near Thunderbird and 83rd Ave. in 1976. It would've been ideal if it was still affordable and closer like that with less traffic. But in 2023, Queen Creek is the more affordable and closer option albeit with the caveats noted.

Old 11-01-2023, 09:37 AM

1,943 posts, read 2,294,075 times
Yes, live close to the 202 , the 24 , or the north 202 , my first choice would be the north 202 into Tempe , my second choice would be the 60 into Tempe . The commute to and from work is a part of your Quality of Life .

living in Queen Creek and taking Ellsworth to the 24 to the 202 takes a lot of patience during hours .

Now the 24 connects to Ironwood / Gantzel in Pinal County , If I had to live way out East ,taking Ironwood/ Gantzel to the the 24 to the 202 and then the 60 into Tempe would be my choice . or the long way around the North 202 is less stressful .

Traffic , I hate it but plan around it whenever I can. If could find a new house near Germann and Meridian in Queen Creek , that would be Ideal and close to the hwy 24.

Old 11-01-2023, 09:48 AM

7,326 posts, read 12,325,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilberry View Post
Yes, live close to the 202 , the 24 , or the north 202 , my first choice would be the north 202 into Tempe , my second choice would be the 60 into Tempe . The commute to and from work is a part of your Quality of Life .

living in Queen Creek and taking Ellsworth to the 24 to the 202 takes a lot of patience during hours .

Now the 24 connects to Ironwood / Gantzel in Pinal County , If I had to live way out East ,taking Ironwood/ Gantzel to the the 24 to the 202 and then the 60 into Tempe would be my choice . or the long way around the North 202 is less stressful .

Traffic , I hate it but plan around it whenever I can. If could find a new house near Germann and Meridian in Queen Creek , that would be Ideal and close to the hwy 24.
Sometimes we choose to take Rittenhouse to Germann to Val Vista to the Loop 202 SanTan Freeway, especially if we are heading out towards Gilbert or Chandler. This way can occasionally be faster to avoid the traffic on Ellsworth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area