Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2024, 10:59 AM

48 posts, read 71,270 times

Advertisements

We are looking at a house in the Willo area. I have lived in north Scottsdale (Grayhawk) and Mesa- but love they style of the older homes. The one we are looking at has been remodeled/ at least the kitchen, so I am hoping to avoid the potential horror story from 1920’s wiring/plumbing repairs. We are looking to downsize, so smaller is good.

My biggest questions involve safety, especially for my wife. Can we take the dogs for walks at night? Things like that. I like the area south of the freeway/ on Roosevelt, but that feels a little more unsafe, or am I wrong.
appreciate the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2024, 11:29 AM

2,784 posts, read 7,443,931 times
Willo lies between McDowell and Thomas, so anything around I-10 or Roosevelt is in a different historic district.

You can look up crime statistics here: https://www.phoenix.gov/police/resou...ime-stats-maps

The map is going to make Willo look more dense with crime than Grayhawk, but it's also more densely populated.

Old 04-17-2024, 11:47 AM

3,446 posts, read 2,772,996 times
Do you weep for Willo?

Old 04-17-2024, 10:04 PM

1,023 posts, read 1,449,737 times
Willo historical district is extremely safe. The housing prices in Willow are insane, and for good reason: the location. Go drive or walk around the neighborhood and see for yourself. Tbh it is my favorite of the Phoenix historical districts.

Old Yesterday, 05:18 AM

383 posts, read 633,658 times
We live there. I have walked the dogs through Willo at 4:45am everyday for 45 minutes to an hour with no issues. You may see other walkers, or joggers out at that time, and maybe an occasional homeless person.
My only fear is when my dog sees a jogger or walker a block away he starts barking, and I thought that I was going to wake up the entire neighborhood. Other than that I feel safe walking through Willo. It’s really a great area, very close to everything.

Old Yesterday, 06:25 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,254,574 times
https://willophx.com/

Above is the website for the Willo district. Essentially, it's located in Midtown between Thomas & McDowell on the east/west cross streets, and Central & 7th Avenues on the north/south streets. Willo also borders other historic neighborhoods, such as Palmcroft & Encanto, and are really just as nice. It's quite expensive to live in these areas, and they're also greenbelts (much more common in older neighborhoods like these).

Old Today, 01:46 PM

48 posts, read 71,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markeg View Post
We live there. I have walked the dogs through Willo at 4:45am everyday for 45 minutes to an hour with no issues. You may see other walkers, or joggers out at that time, and maybe an occasional homeless person.
My only fear is when my dog sees a jogger or walker a block away he starts barking, and I thought that I was going to wake up the entire neighborhood. Other than that I feel safe walking through Willo. It’s really a great area, very close to everything.
Wonderful. Thank you. it is a beautiful area with crazy cool homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area