Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography > Photography Contests
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 06:49 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,942,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
Er, I may need to take you up on that incredibly generous offer, if I luck out and come up with a photo that I think might possibly worth posting here. You know not the depths of my ignorance when it comes to all things techie....

For example, you mention "photo processing software." I have no clue whether or not I possess any, and if so, what it's called or how to use it. I take pictures (and it took me close to two years to figure out how to use that digital camera), and when I've taken a couple dozen or so, I ask my patient spouse for help. He utilizes some arcane method whereby he extracts them from the camera - a process akin to alchemy, as far as I can tell - and he puts them in a folder on my computer where I can find them. I have finally, after months of frustration, figured out how to get a picture from that folder into a post here, and eventually, after more months of frustration, figured out how to make it full-size. Putting a copyright mark on one of my photos would likely take me several lifetimes to figure out.

It's probably best if I just go back to being an interested observer in this forum. I do appreciate the feedback, but I don't think I've got what it takes, either in talent or in technical know-how, to play here. I'll still enjoy what the rest of you do, though, and I'll vote in the monthly contests. And thanks to all for sharing your beautiful photos with the rest of us.
No no no! Don't FREEZE with fright! Picasa is a free photo-editing software. You download it from here:
Picasa 3: Free download from Google

It really really is easy, and I'm not doing this because I won't put your copyright for you! I just think that you are missing out on all the little neat things you could do with your photos. Try it and you just might get hooked on it, and if you get stuck, just post your question, or if you are shy about that, then send me a DM!

I'll still put your copyright for you...just let me know how you want it, okay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 07:14 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,909,834 times
Getting back to regularly scheduled programme...

I like the theme, interesting and challenging, should have something to show in a few days.

Old 02-04-2009, 04:01 PM

363 posts, read 584,655 times
Well, OK, then....moving right along........:-)

Old 02-04-2009, 04:22 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,909,834 times
Let us all sit down under this...

chill out, and remind ourselves... we're here to have fun and experience the extraordinary talent we have around. Its a win-win situation for all of us. Let us move on!

Old 02-25-2009, 03:56 AM

18,150 posts, read 11,811,251 times
Late this afternoon I will set up the polls on both threads.

Old 02-25-2009, 01:08 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,225,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post
Yes!
One for the theme
Two for the Home State
Who votes on these photos? How does that work? I'm not a photographer, and don't have photos to enter, I'm just wondering how this works? Does one set of photos win?

Sorry. I'm confused.

Old 02-25-2009, 03:40 PM

267 posts, read 1,180,587 times
Why am I unable to view gdude's entry?

Old 02-25-2009, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Who votes on these photos? How does that work? I'm not a photographer, and don't have photos to enter, I'm just wondering how this works? Does one set of photos win?

Sorry. I'm confused.
All members, Moderators, Senior Mods and Administrator are entitled to one vote per contest.

We have first place, second place and usually 3rd place or tie winners.

Old 02-25-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonVivant View Post
Why am I unable to view gdude's entry?
BonVivant,
I'm seeing all photos. Maybe refresh your page and give time to load?

Old 02-26-2009, 08:24 AM

267 posts, read 1,180,587 times
I can now see the one you posted on gdude's behalf. (not the original post). Thanks.

Last edited by BonVivant; 02-26-2009 at 09:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography > Photography Contests