Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2008, 09:27 AM

214 posts, read 270,716 times

Advertisements

Thought it might be fun to share pictures of things in you may have caught on film, orbs or apparitions maybe?

Heres one of mine..I had a friend who always complained about her house being haunted. So I took pictures through out her house seeing if I could capture anything on film. I caught a few things. There looks to be some kind of face in the TV and the shiney orbs on top of the tv is bright like its glowing but its transparent. There was nothing there to cast a shiney reflection.

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n267/huntress_coventina/strange/P1010015.jpg (broken link)
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2008, 11:05 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,493,911 times
This is interesting! My partner and I have come to the conclusion that our house is haunted by one of our dogs that passed away suddenly four years ago. Two Sundays ago, we had just got home from shopping and we both saw a dark object run from the hallway by the kitchen to the back porch to the studio. We looked at each other and both said " did you see that ? ". Apparently we had both been seeing this dark shadow about the size of our dog Heidi, who had passed away suddenly to pancreatitus at 10. This shadow is only seen from the hall to the porch and to the studio, she passed away in the room at the end of the hall and we moved her to the studio till the morning for burial. I was thinking of setting up one of our surveillance cameras to try and catch this apparation , ghost or shadow, what ever it is. We know it is not one of our cats, we have both thought so and looked for the cats and find them sleeping some where and the shadow is much larger than a cat. We are not afraid and have warned the house keeper, just in case. We don't need a house keeper running from our house screaming that it is haunted.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:06 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times
Let's see here... I don't know if I still have the image, but I took a picture of a cat at my MIL's house last year... and there's a face in the wall! We know it's George, a young boy who died way before the apartment complex was built.

In fact, that entire complex is severely haunted due to the fact that it was built on an old graveyard.

At my place, all we have is a video of something peculiar. During a video game recording (we were trying to place a record) our wii sensor bar just lifts up off the TV and gets thrown against the wall... We watched the video and could hear a young girl laughing when it happened.

Old 02-06-2008, 09:22 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,123,320 times
Yikes! I'm having flashbacks to the movie The Messengers after reading this thread.

I have one that looks like a faerie.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:11 AM

960 posts, read 1,688,124 times
Can you see a face in the zoomed in picture?

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff266/carbonmated/100_06514.jpg (broken link)

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff266/carbonmated/100_0651closeup.jpg (broken link)

These two pics are from the "haunted" Old Jail in St. Augustine, FL. It was featured on Sci-Fi's Ghost Hunters. I don't know if there is anything hanging around the old jail, lol, but I know the inn where we stayed at definately had some weird stuff going on.

Old 02-07-2008, 03:19 PM

788 posts, read 2,110,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskarain View Post
Thought it might be fun to share pictures of things in you may have caught on film, orbs or apparitions maybe?

Heres one of mine..I had a friend who always complained about her house being haunted. So I took pictures through out her house seeing if I could capture anything on film. I caught a few things. There looks to be some kind of face in the TV and the shiney orbs on top of the tv is bright like its glowing but its transparent. There was nothing there to cast a shiney reflection.
Did your friend used to have a black dog?

Old 02-07-2008, 03:22 PM

788 posts, read 2,110,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
Let's see here... I don't know if I still have the image, but I took a picture of a cat at my MIL's house last year... and there's a face in the wall! We know it's George, a young boy who died way before the apartment complex was built.

In fact, that entire complex is severely haunted due to the fact that it was built on an old graveyard.

At my place, all we have is a video of something peculiar. During a video game recording (we were trying to place a record) our wii sensor bar just lifts up off the TV and gets thrown against the wall... We watched the video and could hear a young girl laughing when it happened.

Do you have a link to that video? I'd like to see it

Old 02-08-2008, 11:40 AM

1,451 posts, read 2,491,224 times
Ohhh I have a couple photos I can share... there's two stories to them.. Here's the first.

I had just moved into an apartment and was constantly home alone as my husband is an officer and works long 12 hour night shifts. We had a big exercise ball I kept in a room in the hallway and I would get up sometimes at night and it would be in our living room.. It would be impossible for it to be out there as it would have to roll out of the room, turn left then down the hallway.. To be honest I never really knew what to do about it so I would just always put it back.. My dog Charlie would sometimes stare towards my bedroom, just sit there and stare and look like he was following something looking up and down or sometimes he would walk around and chase thin air or sit in the hallway and look.. I never really heard anything in the house but the like I said the dog always acted strange.. One night I caught him doing it and I went out to my porch, opened the doors and snapped a picture. I didn't see anything out of the ordinary and thought nothing of it. I later loaded it and saw my dog to be staring at what looked like a leg. I first thought its a reflection of my table as its glass. But you can clearly see thats reflected on the back wall and slanted to the right, this "leg" thingy is to the left coming out of my bedroom. I didn't use my flash even though it was out night so any reflection would have just come off the back dining room light.. Either way I thought the pic was kinda cool and creepy at the same time..

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/Tarastomsgirl/orbs.jpg (broken link)

Second one..
My husband lived on a farm house in Northern northern Maine, I mean way up there in a town of about 400.. The house was built in the early 1800's and when they bought it didn't have any insulation or indoor plumbing. They redid the whole inside of the house with insulation and all that over a couple years. My husbands parents would complain about knocking, banging, footsteps things being moved etc in the house after that for years.. In 1997 they moved away but kept the house and property. The house is in the middle of nowhere on 40 acres of land so people weren't around to maintain the house (they moved down to Fla). The house stood vacant and abandon for the last 11 years. In 06 we all decided to go up and see the condition of the house. Needless to say its almost collapsed and was all but gutted by locals. They stole EVERYTHING out of the house, including the kitchen cabinets. The house had no electricity and all the windows were boarded except the door they broke into.. Here's some pictures with weird orbs and a warning written on the wall as we walked into the house.... Sorry for the black line in it, they dropped the F bomb

The house as we drove up... it LOOKs haunted for godsake

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/Tarastomsgirl/fFATggS29kB93AQdCyCvnSoJqZlwmvu3030.jpg (broken link)

The Warning on the wall

"This is a nice house, don't f*** it up or the spirits will get you"

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/Tarastomsgirl/eYBveOmaeJ1Rx27fCVtc1lI5oYxQvUMc030.jpg (broken link)

We were all standing in the hallway and my husbands mom was telling us about how she would hear scratching and footsteps on the spot we were standing... Not the best time to be telling me this stuff.. You can clearly see the orb over my head with a smaller one beside it, and another on her head I circled them.. I will NEVER go back to that house, it gave off such a horrible vibe after this picture I went outside and waited for them.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/Tarastomsgirl/DXTaYoXS56-RxbrkCd0TWt3w3RsJ2cMW030.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-08-2008, 11:45 AM

1,451 posts, read 2,491,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbondated View Post
Can you see a face in the zoomed in picture?

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff266/carbonmated/100_06514.jpg (broken link)

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff266/carbonmated/100_0651closeup.jpg (broken link)

These two pics are from the "haunted" Old Jail in St. Augustine, FL. It was featured on Sci-Fi's Ghost Hunters. I don't know if there is anything hanging around the old jail, lol, but I know the inn where we stayed at definately had some weird stuff going on.
lol umm where is the face? I'm missing it..

Old 02-08-2008, 12:13 PM

836 posts, read 3,382,999 times
Ok Me, my husband and daughter, went to George Washington's home in Mt Vernon VA.. I am not one to really believe in ghost or the paranormal... But I do watch Ghost Hunters and Most Haunted or any show that has to do with ghost.
Anyways.. I took this photo with my digital camera.. and didn't look at them til we got home and loaded them on my pc.. You will see in the middle of the picture it looks just like a figure (torso and head) with two clouds of smoke on either side of it..This was taken in George Washington's "Smoke House"..Now remember this place has been there since the 1700's. No one was around me while I took this photo. (most people was standing in line to enter GW's home) I was standing outside at the door because they don't let people inside the buildings while touring the place.. nor do they let people take photos inside his home.. so.. Look tell me what you see and think.. I thought it was very strange that this showed up in just one photo and no others.
Attached Thumbnails
Have you caught a ghost in a picture?-dscf1691.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography