Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2008, 08:18 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,926,836 times

Advertisements

As I wait patiently for my macro converter and teleconverter lens to ship, I'm stuck with reading. I finished "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Anderson and found it to be very educational. I can't wait to try his Brothers Sky and Mr. Green theories.

Additionally, this website has provided me much needed insight. I suggest this as good reading for those interested in taking pics of flowers. There's a full section devoted to it, with emphasis on white and red flowers.

It is most helpful for those who like me are just beginning to purchase accessories, and have to prioritize purchases. I have learned what each type of filter does and when each is useful.

Hope you find this helpful, if it hasn't been posted in this forum yet.

Digital Photography For What It's Worth (dpFWIW) Home Page

I have several ideas for the Luck assignment, but alas, I have to "buy" my little props. Don't know if I can get a chance but I'm having serious withdrawals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 08:58 PM

2,972 posts, read 8,225,656 times
I miss your pictures bibit612.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:04 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,926,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedupWNY View Post
I miss your pictures bibit612.
Sigh, Fedup. I miss taking them too but I have particular ideas, and unless I can get them, I don't want to shoot any other. I get very retentive over these things, y'know? As I take pics, I'm testing certain guidelines, primarily exposures, but the photo ops don't always present themselves so I'd rather pass. Promise, when they're not embarassing shots, I'll go post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography