Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 06:37 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,937,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
i loooove my nikon fe, 30 years old and excellent. got it for a little over 100 bucks at adorama 2 years ago
Yep, I had one YEARS ago and it shot very nice. Will not even begin to tell you how long ago I started shooting 35mm, it is kind of sad. Lets put it this way, I was really excited when autofocus, auto metering, and auto advance came out on the same body (Minolta 7000 - which I still have) .

Dad stuck an old Fujica ST 701 in my hands and showed me the basics, sometime in the mid 70's. (I actually still have that one also someplace, might be at my parents house.) Many camera bodies have passed through these hands over the years, some were mine, some were family members, others friends kind enough to let me use a body and lenses I would never be able to afford. I had an older guy (Professional photographer) who I went to church with that let me use his older Hasselblad system for one whole summer, until I found out how much it cost, then I was too nervous to take it out and use it. I mean really, who gives a teenager a Hasselblad to use at their own discretion... plus he developed all the film I shot, and just handed over more when I needed it. I'll always treasure that time spent with a camera I'll never own. Thanks again Phil!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography