Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 09:49 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,437,694 times

Advertisements

Now this is one hell of a story I just came across and thought it was worthy to post. I actually feel sorry for this guy who got drug into this by the lesbians. This will be a major court case to follow because if the state of Kansas does win, then this will spook future males from donating their sperm to lesbian couples or regular couples who can't conceive out of fear they might be forced to pay child support one day if the couple splits.........like these lesbians did.

Kansas demands that sperm donor pay child support - U.S. News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2012, 10:01 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,147,530 times
A lot of men who become fathers from a one night stand feel they have no more obligation than a sperm donor too, but they are held accountable. My question is why the lesbian couple didn't go through proper channels and a clinic. If they didn't use a clinic they must have gotten that baby the way heterosexual women do, the old fashioned way. No different than any other case where a man gets a woman pregnant, and his desire to be a parent is immaterial to his obligation to support the child.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:11 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,446,502 times
If the lesbian couple broke up why doesn't the state go after the noncustodial (former) partner? Or is this a clever way couples can avoid support obligations?

Old 12-31-2012, 10:24 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,271,907 times
I don't see how they dragged him into anything; they're not the ones asking him for support!

Kansas is wrong wrong wrong. This man should not have to pay support. The non-custodial mom should.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:29 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,454,776 times
The support issue should be between the 2 parents, NOT the sperm donor.
This will set a bad precedent IMHO.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:38 AM

1,469 posts, read 1,800,978 times
Default must've...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Now this is one hell of a story I just came across and thought it was worthy to post. I actually feel sorry for this guy who got drug into this by the lesbians. This will be a major court case to follow because if the state of Kansas does win, then this will spook future males from donating their sperm to lesbian couples or regular couples who can't conceive out of fear they might be forced to pay child support one day if the couple splits.........like these lesbians did.

Kansas demands that sperm donor pay child support - U.S. News

One of them must've applied for support from the state. Dang, next time they need to go to the sperm bank; then they won't be able to find the sperm donor.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:43 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,411,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
If the lesbian couple broke up why doesn't the state go after the noncustodial (former) partner? Or is this a clever way couples can avoid support obligations?
My guess is that Kansas does not recognize homosexual unions. So as far as the law is concerned the biological mom is the mother and the bio dad is the dad. The state has an interest in insuring that kids do not become a burden on taxpayers so hence the aggressive measures to make the man that fathered this child take responsibility, financially at least.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:44 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,097,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Perhaps if they were married.......

Old 12-31-2012, 10:44 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,411,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I don't see how they dragged him into anything; they're not the ones asking him for support!

Kansas is wrong wrong wrong. This man should not have to pay support. The non-custodial mom should.
Not if Kansas does not recognize gay adoptions or marriages.

LGBT rights in Kansas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-31-2012, 10:46 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,437,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
My guess is that Kansas does not recognize homosexual unions. So as far as the law is concerned the biological mom is the mother and the bio dad is the dad. The state has an interest in insuring that kids do not become a burden on taxpayers so hence the aggressive measures to make the man that fathered this child take responsibility, financially at least.
I think you hit the nail on the head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies