Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2017, 08:54 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times

Advertisements

With a huge failed Oscar night and signs more clear than ever that actors can easily be replaced by computer created figures that look so real, actors need to really think clear if protesting and bashing will help the movie franchise to be changed faster than they ever could have imagined.

The biggest winners are the IT nerds and creative people who can make entire movies that look so good that in the near future most actors are no longer needed.

Maybe some will feature as voice overs like in Disney movies but sooner than later the movie industry will have that covered too.

If you look at Jungle Book and how the little boy never sat on any of the animals and how they even make horses run with someone on their back and it is not even a real horse but all taped in a studio with just the upper part of a horse that is created so well but is fake.

If actors are demanding more and more and causing the industry to be watched by mostly the ones they want them to watch them as what actors feel are the people who deserve to watch them since they share the same political and social opinions as they have, than they hurt themselves even more. With their own behavior pushing others away and not feeling the urge to buy their movies or spend money on even watching their performances, these actors are killing their own pay checks.

Some are so stupid to run after the well established actors who have millions and don't have to care if anyone is still watching them, but newbie actors don't have that play field but many are too stupid too realize that.

Meanwhile an entire industry is growing by people who can make these movies from any where in the world and without these spoiled actors.

It only takes an idiot not to realize that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2017, 10:36 AM

3,122 posts, read 2,066,853 times
I agree that technology is on the verge of replacing them.

The most creative people (which are not the actors) will continue to use technology, as you noted, but also in ways we haven't seen yet.

This isn't exactly what you referred to, but is something new. The first fully painted feature film - 12 oil paintings per second, employed more than 100 artists.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=47h6pQ6StCk

Hollywood actors have been obsolete to me for many years. I watch foreign films when I want that kind of entertainment. The quality in acting skills was so much better that I found it very easy to ignore hollywood.

Old 06-30-2019, 06:32 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,982,074 times
My classmate ask me if I am still acting and of course, I am.

Mostly on a stage when I dance or when I teach to a class but sometimes as an MC or when I am doing a tour or sometimes when I am undercover or a half dozen or so other avenues.

Those who think that acting just means movies or tv or plays are really selling what it means to be an actor short.

Old 06-30-2019, 11:38 AM

3,698 posts, read 1,362,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post

Mostly on a stage when I dance or when I teach to a class but sometimes as an MC or when I am doing a tour or sometimes when I am undercover or a half dozen or so other avenues.

Those who think that acting just means movies or tv or plays are really selling what it means to be an actor short.
Hopefully you will never mistake peoples' desire to watch you perform for a desire to have your political views forced upon the rest of the country. Actors with career earnings in the tens of millions of dollars actually believe their concerns when selecting leaders might be similar to mine.

Old 06-30-2019, 11:48 AM

2,974 posts, read 1,984,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post

...what DOES it mean to be an actor?...no matter in film, stage or tv, it's dressing up and playing make believe, no?...

Old 06-30-2019, 12:01 PM

21,121 posts, read 19,707,707 times
So the animated film industry is guaranteed not to become political?

Old 06-30-2019, 12:04 PM

8,497 posts, read 4,558,569 times
Hollywood is no longer home to the most acting jobs in the USA. Washington DC with Trump as POTUS provides more acting jobs than anywhere else these days.

Old 06-30-2019, 04:09 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,982,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
Hopefully you will never mistake peoples' desire to watch you perform for a desire to have your political views forced upon the rest of the country. Actors with career earnings in the tens of millions of dollars actually believe their concerns when selecting leaders might be similar to mine.
FUNNY you should mention that for one of my talents is supporting those counter to my beliefs while not saying that I have. They think I am in league with them.....but I'm not.

Being under cover isn't pretty, but someone has to do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
...what DOES it mean to be an actor?...no matter in film, stage or tv, it's dressing up and playing make believe, no?...

It can be that......or not that. When I teach, I put on a different personalty than who I am, for example. It's real for the job, but I am someone else, potentially.

Old 06-30-2019, 04:34 PM

37,801 posts, read 41,008,695 times
All political views aside, I think the hardest thing about being an actor is not knowing when your next paycheck is coming in. We think of only the well-known actors but there are plenty of "working actors" out there, who have no idea if their next job will be coming in next week or a few months from now or longer. Maybe they get a TV show and don't know if it will be renewed or the writers will kill off their characters. Don't think I could live my whole life with so much financial uncertainty. There are 2 jobs I would never want - White House Press Secretary and actor. Don't drink but probably would if I had either one of those jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies