Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2021, 07:02 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,880,594 times

Advertisements

I can see the allure in some ways of New York and San Francisco a generation or two ago. Lots of interesting stores, interesting nightlife that almost everyone could afford and sense of social cohesion.

They do look like alot of fun back of the old days.

Now, big cities like NYC and San Francisco are a mix of elites who would never make eye-contact with anyone from outside of their economic class and a massive amount of destitution, hopelessness and chaos.

I can see why San Francisco might have been appealing with the hippie culture. I don't see the allure of a souless city of billionaires of pump and dump companies and massive amounts of open-air drug usage, alcoholism and tens of thousands of individuals who are starving and cold.

New York and San Francisco a generation ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVDieakaQKk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9a8qqUpI8A

New York and San Francisco now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8kt54oRaTA&t=4s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoCdiCc1JoM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2021, 07:10 PM

282 posts, read 114,872 times
Broadway, and whole creative class entertainment sectors, are not coming back; the scourge has seen to that. People are afraid--and for good reason.

Build back better. Too dangerous to return to the trivial pursuits of the maddening crowds, the irresponsible ways of the Rennaissance, and good riddance to it. Personal responsibility demands personal sacrifices. Safety is our first priority.

Old 02-09-2021, 07:19 PM

4,964 posts, read 2,253,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countysquare View Post
Broadway, and whole creative class entertainment sectors, are not coming back; the scourge has seen to that. People are afraid--and for good reason.

Build back better. Too dangerous to return to the trivial pursuits of the maddening crowds, the irresponsible ways of the Rennaissance, and good riddance to it. Personal responsibility demands personal sacrifices. Safety is our first priority.
I agree with 2/3rds of your statement, but my priority will never be your safety.

Old 02-09-2021, 07:41 PM

5,298 posts, read 7,652,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
I agree with 2/3rds of your statement, but my priority will never be your safety.
I guess I am stupid but what does that mean ? My priority will never be your safety ? Sincerely curious and it sounds so intriguing.

Old 02-09-2021, 07:51 PM

16,180 posts, read 6,932,930 times
Excerpt: I can see the allure in some ways of New York and San Francisco a generation or two ago.

Response: Opinion

Only as a teenager..................................disgusti ng ever since...............

Old 02-09-2021, 07:54 PM

4,964 posts, read 2,253,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I guess I am stupid but what does that mean ? My priority will never be your safety ? Sincerely curious and it sounds so intriguing.
I have my priorities, i.e., family, education, career, safety, friends, cats, etc.

Unless you are in that circle, you are not my concern nor my responsibility. I do not wish bad things upon you, don’t get me wrong. And if I stumbled across you and you were in danger or in dire need, I’d help, perhaps even if I were at risk in doing so. But I am not socially contracted to ensure that you are safe, fed, your needs are met, etc.

That is your responsibility.

Old 02-09-2021, 08:08 PM

5,298 posts, read 7,652,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
I have my priorities, i.e., family, education, career, safety, friends, cats, etc.

Unless you are in that circle, you are not my concern nor my responsibility. I do not wish bad things upon you, don’t get me wrong. And if I stumbled across you and you were in danger or in dire need, I’d help, perhaps even if I were at risk in doing so. But I am not socially contracted to ensure that you are safe, fed, your needs are met, etc.

That is your responsibility.
Ok. I just thought he meant we were all in this together and our safety depended on it in the coming new society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies