Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2022, 10:53 AM

18,743 posts, read 7,644,824 times

Advertisements

Pro-abortionists are now demanding that Congress make laws permitting abortion, as if Congress had any power to overturn a Supreme Court decision. But they're a day late and a dollar short. The USSC just decided the Fed has NO POWER to make abortion laws at all. - only the states can do that.

Pack your bags, pro-abortionists in DC, and go back to your state capitals. That's the only place you can do anything any more.

Listen to some of the "news" crybabies trying to find ways for the Congress do do anything about abortion here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVqFRdJiKpA

Old 06-26-2022, 10:56 AM

43,335 posts, read 18,453,148 times
Well these idiots don't know/care how the US works. They think Congress or the President "can do anything they want".

Does not bode well for the future of our country.

Even the President and Congress have put down the SC and publicly stated they would look for laws to get around the SC ruling.

We're turning into a banana republic where mob rule pushes for laws over the threat of violence.

FWIW the 2 years of pandemic should have shown you that the Fed tried a few times to "rule over us" when they had no authority.
And then bashed those states that did not comply with their "guidelines".

Old 06-26-2022, 11:00 AM

24,591 posts, read 17,335,653 times
Abortion Rights are now in the hands of the States and the Voters should ban together to get the issue on the ballot for this November. Mass. is doing that now over the issue of handing Driver Licenses to Illegal Aliens. The Democrat majority voted it in, the Governor Vetoed it citing concerns that the ID could be used to vote, the Dems blocked his Veto and a woman that lost her son to an Illegal Alien Drunk Driving has started the petition.

I think Abortion is a tragic thing but I also believe in the Woman's Right to make the terrible decision to seek one. Politicians should stay out of it. It really is crazy how angry and violent some of these people are becoming so they can have the Right to murder a baby...

Old 06-26-2022, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Abortion Rights are now in the hands of the States and the Voters should ban together to get the issue on the ballot for this November. Mass. is doing that now over the issue of handing Driver Licenses to Illegal Aliens. The Democrat majority voted it in, the Governor Vetoed it citing concerns that the ID could be used to vote, the Dems blocked his Veto and a woman that lost her son to an Illegal Alien Drunk Driving has started the petition.

I think Abortion is a tragic thing but I also believe in the Woman's Right to make the terrible decision to seek one. Politicians should stay out of it.
The law does need to be involved. It has to be sanctioned death and it needs restrictions.
I've read stories how some ivory tower folks are talking about "post birth" abortion....yes...up to 30 days after birth.
Today that is considered infanticide.

We don't even discuss "when life begins" anymore because you can get an abortion up to going into labor.
So now it seems life begins with you take your first breath..not the first heartbeat.

The line has to be drawn somewhere. I think the first trimester is a good compromise with medical exceptions.

Old 06-26-2022, 11:05 AM

1,282 posts, read 573,570 times
I don't legislation mandating abortion as a right, but I could see things like ACA being updated to include pregnancy termination and related services as part of the required package. Same for any other federally-regulated insurance or Healthcare plans, or agencies that accept funding. They could probably also create funds for states to utilize in order to facilitate or cover services within their borders.

Old 06-26-2022, 11:05 AM

5,052 posts, read 6,362,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Pro-abortionists are now demanding that Congress make laws permitting abortion, as if Congress had any power to overturn a Supreme Court decision. But they're a day late and a dollar short. The USSC just decided the Fed has NO POWER to make abortion laws at all. - only the states can do that.

Pack your bags, pro-abortionists in DC, and go back to your state capitals. That's the only place you can do anything any more.

Listen to some of the "news" crybabies trying to find ways for the Congress do do anything about abortion here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVqFRdJiKpA
There are a couple of proposals in Congress to make abortion illegal, nationwide, after a uniform waiting period. I presume you are against those proposals?

Old 06-26-2022, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPC324 View Post
I don't legislation mandating abortion as a right, but I could see things like ACA being updated to include pregnancy termination and related services as part of the required package. Same for any other federally-regulated insurance or Healthcare plans, or agencies that accept funding. They could probably also create funds for states to utilize in order to facilitate or cover services within their borders.
It can't.

Old 06-26-2022, 12:21 PM

3,095 posts, read 1,561,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
It can't.
26 states allow marketplace plans to cover abortion. The rest do not.
https://www.guttmacher.org/gpr/2014/...nly-half-story

Old 06-26-2022, 01:02 PM

18,743 posts, read 7,644,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
There are a couple of proposals in Congress to make abortion illegal, nationwide, after a uniform waiting period. I presume you are against those proposals?
When did it become about what *I* want or don't want? The USSC just decided the Fed has NO POWER to make abortion laws at all. - only the states can do that.

Nice try at diversion.

Old 06-26-2022, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
26 states allow marketplace plans to cover abortion. The rest do not.
https://www.guttmacher.org/gpr/2014/...nly-half-story
do you happen to know how they got around the Hyde Amendment ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies