Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2023, 01:17 PM

172 posts, read 123,242 times

Advertisements

Eric Adams is now housing large migrant families in four-stay hotels in some of the wealthiest parts of the city.

The new housing is so luxurious that migrants are comparing the luxury amenities in their four-star upscale hotels in some of the wealthiest neighborhoods in the city.

However, some small business owners are saying that as migrants replace summer tourists that they are don't have one customer or sales are down 50%.

https://nypost.com/2023/08/15/nyc-mi...hotel-shelter/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2023, 02:12 PM

43,142 posts, read 18,298,681 times
It's NYC's problem. The voters put Adams in office. If enough of them don't like what he's doing well then they have to wait until next election and vote someone else in office.

Old 08-15-2023, 02:17 PM

4,548 posts, read 2,274,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
It's NYC's problem. The voters put Adams in office. If enough of them don't like what he's doing well then they have to wait until next election and vote someone else in office.

Exactly. Not my monkey, not my circus. I live in the horrible state of Florida where apparently everyone is fleeing because of not being able to give children sex change operations or sexually graphic books are taken out of elementary schools.

Old 08-15-2023, 02:48 PM

1,746 posts, read 880,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotweatherlover1982 View Post
Eric Adams is now housing large migrant families in four-stay hotels in some of the wealthiest parts of the city.

The new housing is so luxurious that migrants are comparing the luxury amenities in their four-star upscale hotels in some of the wealthiest neighborhoods in the city.

However, some small business owners are saying that as migrants replace summer tourists that they are don't have one customer or sales are down 50%.

https://nypost.com/2023/08/15/nyc-mi...hotel-shelter/

And the consequences of such moves: https://nypost.com/2023/08/15/danny-...grant-shelter/

Old 08-15-2023, 03:08 PM

6,812 posts, read 9,363,742 times
Sounds awesome for people in New York. They vote for Democrats, so I’m glad they are getting the results they voted for.

Old 08-15-2023, 03:09 PM

43,142 posts, read 18,298,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailjnh View Post
And the consequences of such moves: https://nypost.com/2023/08/15/danny-...grant-shelter/
Kinda funny how they are tiptoeing around the issue without actually stating the issue because stating the issue would make them hypocrites

Old 08-15-2023, 03:56 PM

11,802 posts, read 5,804,343 times
Does no one else find it funny that we have newly registered posters - liberal at that - jumping right into the politics forum?

Old 08-15-2023, 04:11 PM

6,675 posts, read 2,979,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Does no one else find it funny that we have newly registered posters - liberal at that - jumping right into the politics forum?
Do we? I guess I have seen some low count posters lately. Kinda sketchy to respond to them though as they may be Alt accounts and then you get slapped for feeding them,..lol.

But that aside, I think it is a good thing. I am liberal on many things and conservative on others. I welcome them,.heh. gets some spicey convos going to pass the day.

During a little 'tour' Adams is confronted by concerned neighbors where he plans to house migrants in school soccer fields.

Adams says if he sends migrants away he is breaking the law and will be sanctioned by the Feds.

Would he be breaking the 'law'? Is that a cop out? Is he truly afraid of that?

Old 08-15-2023, 06:08 PM

11,802 posts, read 5,804,343 times
They sent a bunch up to WNY where I lived and there has already been 2 arrested for rape and another couple for robbery. Glad we left. Up north we had theft devices on grocery carts and I'd always ask the cashiers if I could take it out to the car to unload and then bring it back in - I asked down here in Alabama not noticing there aren't theft devices - the cahier looked at me and said we don't have a need for those down here. Say what you will about red states but I feel a heck of a lot safer.

Old 08-16-2023, 05:20 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,042,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Voting has consequences. People should definitely stop voting based on party line alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies