Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 11:00 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times

Advertisements

I honestly tried to watch the press conference tonight, but after a few minutes I found my mind wandering as he "augh-ed" his way through the softball questions. I think we all owe Larry Summers an apology.

***Miss California, Miss California, Miss California!!***-slide_1451_20609_large.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 04:42 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Default Miss California vs. pageant officials: It's war

Miss California To Campaign Against Same-Sex Marriage

By Mike Celizic
TODAYShow.com contributor

As beauty pageant officials and gay-rights advocates increase the pressure on Miss California USA to back off her controversial comments opposing same-sex marriage, Carrie Prejean is not retracting them. Instead, she’s digging in her spike heels and fighting back.

“I was attacked for giving my own opinion on the stage of the Miss USA contest. And I’m going to do whatever it takes to protect marriage. It’s something that is very dear to my heart,” Prejean told TODAY’s Matt Lauer Thursday in an exclusive interview from Washington, D.C.

Miss California vs. pageant officials: It’s war - Beauty Pageants

Old 04-30-2009, 04:48 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Reading her quotes in that article reminds me of the movie idiocracy when they're having the 'Brawndo is what plants crave' Argument.

She's not even sure WHY she's 'protecting marriage'.

Old 04-30-2009, 04:58 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,956,644 times
I'm waiting for the day she gets divorced.

Old 04-30-2009, 05:17 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
She's just confused, they tell her evolution is the new religion and people move on. Then they turn around and want people to accept natural selection, have you ever asked anyone if they would be better off dying by natural selection without offspring as opposed to using what got us to where we are today?

Here is a hint, you get a blank face. I'm not against gay marriage now, but to vilify her for it would be like cursing people that think natural selection is a voteable right. It's not and most people know it...

Old 04-30-2009, 08:35 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Good for her for fighting back!
Perez is the one that made this a fight trying to slay and discredit her for her opinion and beliefs.
go get em Miss California!
The gays are just pis*ed that CA voted against it they thought for sure they would get it passed there without a blink so Miss CA is with all those who voted against it! Haha...

Old 04-30-2009, 08:36 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,172,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Reading her quotes in that article reminds me of the movie idiocracy when they're having the 'Brawndo is what plants crave' Argument.

She's not even sure WHY she's 'protecting marriage'.
Agreed.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:42 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
I honestly don't care what her answer was...I saw the question, I saw her answer. What is a little strange is that she has continued on this journey across america spreading the message, & in turn, getting her 15 minutes of fame. I mean, if she's upset by the controversy over it, why not just say "no comment" about it? Same w/Hilton.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:43 PM

455 posts, read 1,018,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Miss California To Campaign Against Same-Sex Marriage

By Mike Celizic
TODAYShow.com contributor

As beauty pageant officials and gay-rights advocates increase the pressure on Miss California USA to back off her controversial comments opposing same-sex marriage, Carrie Prejean is not retracting them. Instead, she’s digging in her spike heels and fighting back.

“I was attacked for giving my own opinion on the stage of the Miss USA contest. And I’m going to do whatever it takes to protect marriage. It’s something that is very dear to my heart,” Prejean told TODAY’s Matt Lauer Thursday in an exclusive interview from Washington, D.C.

Miss California vs. pageant officials: It’s war - Beauty Pageants
Hahaha, whatever it takes to protect marriage? Is she going to try pass legislation making divorce illegal? This 'sanctity of marriage' argument is about as weak as you can get.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:30 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,959,677 times
Good for her. It doesn't matter that some would not think her eloquent and then attempt to use that to discredit her answer, but thought her important enough to ask her the question in the first place!!!!

The bottom line is that some will be called homophobic, ignorant, hateful, and whatever else, but it won't change a thing.

Marriage is an institution of a Man and a Woman, you can seek to change it if you like but don't think that everyone will legitimize it!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies