Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 02:24 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,654,999 times

Advertisements

This thread is meant to be a clean slate for those who wish to discuss issues involving Sarah Palin. The old thread was just so huge and spread out it was getting hard to follow any particular conversation. So here is your chance to name your topic and roll with it. This is a Palin thread, so stick to Palin issues. Use the title box if you wish to talk about something not being discussed, that way people can respond to all issues. Hope this thread will help for a little while atleast.

PS. This is not a restricted thread or anything. I am not saying you can not start your own Palin thread. This one was meant as an outlet for old conversations and some new ones. If you see new Palin news and want to start a thread, go for it.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 07-15-2009 at 02:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 02:39 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,219,040 times
MoveOn Fundraising Email Invoking Sarah Palin’s “Lies” Brings In $100,000 In One Day

Wow, it looks like Sarah Palin is one heck of
a prolific fundraiser — for the left, that is.

A fundraising email that MoveOn blasted out
yesterday afternoon calling for cash to counter
Palin’s “lies” on climate change has brought in
more than $100,000 in 24 hours, a MoveOn
spokesman confirms to me.

Old 07-15-2009, 02:41 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,600,660 times
New thread to beast Palin..kind of like a toilet bowl for left wing loons. I guess Sarah has you guys running scared...pretty pathetic if you ask me..

Old 07-15-2009, 02:41 PM
obo

916 posts, read 987,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
MoveOn Fundraising Email Invoking Sarah Palin’s “Lies” Brings In $100,000 In One Day

The left is extremely frightened of her...

Old 07-15-2009, 02:43 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,925,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
This thread is meant to be a clean slate for those who wish to discuss issues involving Sarah Palin. The old thread was just so huge and spread out it was getting hard to follow any particular conversation. So here is your chance to name your topic and roll with it. This is the Palin thread, so stick to Palin issues. Use the title box if you wish to talk about something not being discussed, that way people can respond to all issues. Hope this thread will help for a little while atleast.
Why can we not have different threads for different topics related to Palin in the same way we do for Obama, Cheney, etc? This would keep one thread from becoming 'hard to follow'.

Old 07-15-2009, 02:43 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,600,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post

I do wish they would "move on" Boy, Soros is just foaming at the mouth..scared of an attractive charismatic popular conservative woman who is a real threat politically to the left wing agenda...give em hell Sarah

Old 07-15-2009, 02:44 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,732,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
The left is extremely frightened of her...
You misinterpret people's reaction to her. It's not a fear of how powerful she could be. It's more a realization that this woman is in WAY over her head.

I realized today what her fundamental problems is: she can't ignore the little things. She tracks blogs against her and chases after comedians and anyone who speaks ill of her. She, like a child, takes the rough game of politics too personally and takes her eye off the big picture.

It's classic narcissistic disorder, and an individual of that nature should be nowhere near nuclear weapons. Some tyrant leader makes a joke about her daughter and suddenly we've launched World War III.

She is truly unfit to lead - and I would be saying that regardless of her politics. It really has nothing to do with her ideology. There's nothing unique in her political views that can't be carried by far more intelligent, educated, and global conservative leaders.

Old 07-15-2009, 02:45 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,654,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Why can we not have different threads for different topics related to Palin in the same way we do for Obama, Cheney, etc? This would keep one thread from becoming 'hard to follow'.
That one's easy. You can, as long as you aren't duplicating old news. If you have news on Palin and wish to start your own thread, go for it. This thread is meant to provide people a place to continue old conversations and start new ones if they wish. This isn't the "Everything Palin" thread, it is just a way station for old issues and new ones if you wish.

Old 07-15-2009, 02:54 PM

90,296 posts, read 121,020,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
New thread to beast Palin..kind of like a toilet bowl for left wing loons. I guess Sarah has you guys running scared...pretty pathetic if you ask me..
That is the conservative's answer to any criticism of her. Most of us are not "afraid" of her, or "jealous" of her (an even nuttier accusation). If Palin conducts herself the way she did in the campaign, she would be a dream candidate for any opponent for any office, including dogcatcher.

Coming from a very solid Republican family, it is hard for me to fathom that the Repubs actually thought this nut job would help them. She was a "breath of fresh air" until she spoke at the Republican convention. Her swaggering attitude, along with mocking Obama instead of saying anything about her own views, went over like a lead balloon with me.

Old 07-15-2009, 02:56 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,724,560 times
Those who say that people are "scared" of Palin are delusional. I'm not scared of her. I just find her interesting and entertaining.

I don't really understand their logic. If you like to talk about a politician, it means you're scared of him? I wonder what kind of reaction I'd get if I started posting in all of the threads about Obama that right-wingers must be "scared" of him.

Besides, I think Palin enjoys attention. If she didn't, she wouldn't have kept herself in the public eye for all of these months following the election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies