Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 12:08 AM

20,321 posts, read 19,909,198 times

Advertisements

"A giant black-and-white rodent — named "Farfour," or "butterfly," but unmistakably a Mickey ripoff — does his high-pitched preaching against the U.S. and Israel on a children's show run each Friday on Al-Aqsa TV, a station run by Hamas. The militant group, sworn to Israel's destruction, shares power in the Palestinian government.

"You and I are laying the foundation for a world led by Islamists," Farfour squeaked on a recent episode of the show, which is titled, "Tomorrow's Pioneers."

"I see this as the hot toy for the 07' Holiday season said
Ruth Smith, spokeswoman for the giant toy chain"

OK I made the Ruth Smith part up. The other part I didn't. Man those people are crazy and dangerous. A bad combo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2007, 12:19 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,136,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
"A giant black-and-white rodent — named "Farfour," or "butterfly," but unmistakably a Mickey ripoff — does his high-pitched preaching against the U.S. and Israel on a children's show run each Friday on Al-Aqsa TV, a station run by Hamas. The militant group, sworn to Israel's destruction, shares power in the Palestinian government.

"You and I are laying the foundation for a world led by Islamists," Farfour squeaked on a recent episode of the show, which is titled, "Tomorrow's Pioneers."

OK I made the Ruth Smith part up. The other part I didn't. Man those people are crazy and dangerous. A bad combo.
I'm not religious, but the only offense I take is the label of 'crazy' to what they're doing. They are expressing their religious views. I see no difference between this and some of the Christian videos that try to make children one of theirs through indoctrination. Both religions have zealots. It's happening everywhere.

PS I loved the Ruth Smith addition.

Old 05-10-2007, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
but the only offense I take is the label of 'crazy' to what they're doing. They are expressing their religious views.
I saw the video that was played to their kids. I've seen even worse children's programing out of that part of the world that extolls the virtue of "killing the Jewish pigs and their infidel allies in the west".

There's no way I'll ever be sensitive and understanding to that type of behavior because it's "religious expression".

The KKK made the same assertions.

I don't care how many diversity sessions I'm required to attend, I'll continue to think non-PC, judgemental thoughts towards that type of behavior.

Teaching children to hate and butcher human beings is barbarous.

Trust me, I was being kind when I said crazy.

Old 05-10-2007, 05:57 AM

362 posts, read 1,345,108 times
Quote:
I saw the video that was played to their kids. I've seen even worse children's programing out of that part of the world that extolls the virtue of "killing the Jewish pigs and their infidel allies in the west".

There's no way I'll ever be sensitive and understanding to that type of behavior because it's "religious expression".

I don't care how many diversity sessions I'm required to attend, I'll continue to think non-PC, judgemental thoughts towards that type of behavior.

I agree.

There is a (huge) difference between a group of people expressing their religious views, and a group of people engaging in full-fledged, vehement hate speech against other ethnicities/religions/countries and violently threatening those same ethnicities/religions/countries.

So now a cartoon mouse is teaching their rabid fanaticism to their children? Seriously, what is this world coming to?

Old 05-10-2007, 11:20 AM

1,408 posts, read 5,094,744 times
Quote:

I agree! This is HATE...has nothing to do with religious expression in the 'normal' sense of the word.

Can't the DISNEY Corporation sue them for copyright infringment or something?? Those kids over there probably think our Mickey Mouse is saying it's ok to kill and maim innocent people.

Old 05-10-2007, 11:59 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,136,452 times
OK, I reduce my opposition to the use of the word 'crazy'. It would be crazy for any group to promote the murder of other citizens. But, if we use that criterion, we must paint all militaries in the same light. Uh oh.

Old 05-10-2007, 02:05 PM

Quote:
some of the Christian videos that try to make children one of theirs through indoctrination. PS I loved the Ruth Smith addition.
I'm missed your Islamic / Christianity comparison earlier.

I've seen a lot of Christian videos but none that espouse genocide Have you? Seriously.

I can't imagine a Veggie Tale character jumping up and down screaming about "drinking the blood of the Islamic hordes". I'm no marketing expert but I just can't see that being a big seller. At least not in the US anyway.

Old 05-10-2007, 03:40 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,112,167 times
Actually, Jon Stewart had a spoof on the Hamas children's program, and did suggest that they better fear Disney, and a lawsuit.

Old 05-10-2007, 03:56 PM

97 posts, read 371,747 times
Quote:

And we let them come into the USA daily, get Greencards by marrying loser US citizens who are addicted to drugs, and then they bring their radical relatives in. Tons of Iranians, Iraqis, Pakistanis, Syrians, Palestinians, Indonesian Moslims and etc come into this country daily. Why? Because washington DC insists on open bvorders, cheap labor, and stupid policies like a "Green Card lottery", which any extremist can win!

America is going to have major problems soon, unless we secure the border and enforce existing immigration laws. We just caught 3 illegals 0planning to kill Americans in Jersey a few days ago.

What will it take for America to wake up??!? You would think 9/11 was enough, but Americans must need something 100 times worse, like a nuke blast in order to finally secure the damn border and get illegals out! It is horrible to even think that could happen, but experts say it will happen because it's too easy to get a nuke into the US through the border. But the regular folks are just too dumb to let DC continue to push open borders and illegal alien amnesties.

Old 05-10-2007, 06:30 PM

Quote:
citizens. But, if we use that criterion, we must paint all militaries in the same light. Uh oh.
I'm missing some point (not a surprise to those that know me). What does the US military have to do with the violent indoctrination of non-combatant children?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies