Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2020, 09:01 PM

287 posts, read 308,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdiver View Post
You can get more for your money on the east side. Here is one near the Max line that might be more in your budget. See what I found on #Zillow!
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5...00097926_zpid/
Thanks ! The place does look pretty good . But given this economy I should probably wait a bit to buy - this is worse than 2008 and I expect the housing price goes down similarly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2020, 09:50 PM

5,545 posts, read 7,848,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moveagain View Post
Thanks ! The place does look pretty good . But given this economy I should probably wait a bit to buy - this is worse than 2008 and I expect the housing price goes down similarly
That's probably wise. I don't think the next 2 years are going to be boom time for real estate in Portland or anywhere else.

The travel crash is also killing off a lot of AirB&B and VRBO rentals. I would expect a lot of those to convert back to regular rental properties, at least in the medium-term. So that might bring rents down and open up the rental market a bit.

Old 04-20-2020, 12:39 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,973,501 times
If we had to move again we would try to find a unit managed by our rental management agency. We actually like them which apparently is saying a lot since all of them (including ours) get pretty 'meh' reviews online. The o.p. may PM me for their name and URL. They have stuff all over Portland. We live east of the river in Sullivans Gulch and I recommend it, or close neighbors like Irvington and Lents. The last two aren't as close to light rail as SG. Further north has really boomed and gotten trendy, but really, really north (St. John's) ... well people live up there, there's that ...

Old 04-20-2020, 02:08 PM

5,545 posts, read 7,848,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
If we had to move again we would try to find a unit managed by our rental management agency. We actually like them which apparently is saying a lot since all of them (including ours) get pretty 'meh' reviews online. The o.p. may PM me for their name and URL. They have stuff all over Portland. We live east of the river in Sullivans Gulch and I recommend it, or close neighbors like Irvington and Lents. The last two aren't as close to light rail as SG. Further north has really boomed and gotten trendy, but really, really north (St. John's) ... well people live up there, there's that ...
Who ever goes online to give a GOOD review for something like a property management company?

I sometimes do Yelp reviews. And sometimes do Amazon reviews (not so much anymore). But it would never occur to me to search out a review forum to review something like a property management company or a utility or something like that unless i was REALLY pissed at them.

So doesn't surprise me that none of them have really good reviews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
View detailed profiles of: