Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2023, 09:51 PM

9,521 posts, read 16,503,270 times

Advertisements

Have your rates gone up considerably because of all the car thefts in the region. I plan on moving back to Oregon, and I was checking on Insurance for my Kia Soul. I'm finding State Farm, Progressive will not insure some Kia and Hyundai vehicles in Oregon. Mine included. Reason is the thefts I was told. Geico will but not Comprehensive Insurance. Some other companies will lnsure but the rates are $1300 for 6 months. Not everyone that will is offering Comprehensive. So is everyone paying these high rates now, no matter the vehicle type? I can't imagine what Oregon expects people that own these vehicles to do. It's not like everyone can go trade in perfectly good vehicles, because they can't find proper Insurance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2023, 08:50 AM

32,634 posts, read 47,975,309 times
I don't know about Portland auto insurance, but auto insurance rates have gone up all over the country. Your money isn't worth what it used to be worth and it doesn't buy as much.

Old 03-28-2023, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
I don't know about Portland auto insurance, but auto insurance rates have gone up all over the country. Your money isn't worth what it used to be worth and it doesn't buy as much.
Yes that is true money doesn't buy much

Old 03-28-2023, 09:28 PM

70 posts, read 46,438 times
YES! Mine and my partner's went up by 30%. I have NO accidents, NO tickets and this is the thanks I get????

Old 03-29-2023, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortunateCookie View Post
YES! Mine and my partner's went up by 30%. I have NO accidents, NO tickets and this is the thanks I get????
Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry to hear the Insurance went up so much for you. 30% is a huge increase. I figured it must be going up. Do you have a Kia or Hyundai? if not do you know of people mentioning, that they are having trouble finding Insurance for those vehicles?

Old 04-02-2024, 04:51 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FortunateCookie View Post
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result. When citizens of Portland learn the difference between awake and Woke, nothing will change.

Old 04-02-2024, 10:55 PM

333 posts, read 328,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result. When citizens of Portland learn the difference between awake and Woke, nothing will change.
OMG, now people are blaming "woke" for increases in auto insurance rates. They are increasing nationwide, mostly because it is much more expensive to fix and replace cars than it used to be. Historically, the Portland area has pretty low insurance rates. You should check out Florida. That's where woke goes to die and your insurance costs twice as much as Oregon.

Old 04-03-2024, 01:41 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyBeezy View Post
OMG, now people are blaming "woke" for increases in auto insurance rates. They are increasing nationwide, mostly because it is much more expensive to fix and replace cars than it used to be. Historically, the Portland area has pretty low insurance rates. You should check out Florida. That's where woke goes to die and your insurance costs twice as much as Oregon.
Vandalism by drug addicts and car theft costs insurance companies money. I suspect FL car insurance is related to accidents due to elderly population and loads of tourists.

By the way, recently heard something about Oregon making drugs illegal now. Is it just virtue signalling by politicians who acknowledge that their Far Left policies are a failure or will they allow the cops to actually enforce the law?

Old 04-03-2024, 03:39 PM

333 posts, read 328,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Vandalism by drug addicts and car theft costs insurance companies money. I suspect FL car insurance is related to accidents due to elderly population and loads of tourists.

By the way, recently heard something about Oregon making drugs illegal now. Is it just virtue signalling by politicians who acknowledge that their Far Left policies are a failure or will they allow the cops to actually enforce the law?
Sure, but do you know how much those crimes have actually increased in Portland, or is it just (politically motivated) speculation?

I can tell you that my insurance has skyrocketed, despite the fact that my zip code is virtually crime free, has nothing like Portland's street drug issues, and calm, safe streets.

Apparently, you aren't actually in Oregon since you "heard something" about the changes to Measure 110. As much as certain forces would love to draw wider conclusions about "the far left" and "virtue signaling", the fact is that Oregon voters were sold a bill of goods about how measure 110 would work. And the passage of the act had terrible timing as fentanyl was just about to hit the streets in a major way, but hadn't yet. The measure was a mistake that had unintended consequences, and if voters had the opportunity, they surely would reverse it, so the legislature and the governor got ahead of the issue.

Old 04-06-2024, 10:45 AM

55 posts, read 51,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyBeezy View Post
Sure, but do you know how much those crimes have actually increased in Portland, or is it just (politically motivated) speculation?

Anyone can google to see that the property crime rates in Portland are through the roof including vehicle theft. It's been that way for awhile now due to drugs, homelessness and poor city management I saw it coming when I lived in salem years ago. A relative of mine lives near corbett and they had a homeless crackhead swinging a sword up and down the street, he attacked a dog one day another time he stood in an apartment parking lot waving it around and screaming. When the cops came they just took the sword away. So might as well not even call the police.

Of course none of this is a uniquely portland problem but statistically they are higher than normal in this regard & rather than do something about it the average portland voter just votes to make it worse and worse with no empathy towards the homeless mentally ill or their neighbors who are victimized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
View detailed profiles of: