Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 12:07 PM

491 posts, read 1,046,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
Well, our baby isn't born yet, but we don't know if it's a he or a she, and we don't want to know!
When we tell people we want it to be a surprise, they always look at us as if we had said something terrible! Or tell us things like "but how are you going to decorate the nursery if you don't know"? Believe me, the nursery will be really nice... neutrals exist! And I'm not the "pink for girls, blue for boys" kind of person, anyway...
We got the same reactions too. It was funny seeing the shocked look on peoples faces. I didnt think it was that big of a deal to wait.

Picking out the nursery was easy peasy. We went with Baby Sesame because it had both girl and boy characters and all different colors, not just strictly pink and blue. My baby shower had both pink, "Its a Girl!" and blue "It's a Boy!" decorations. It was fun. Listening to peoples guesses was especially entertaining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2010, 08:10 PM

8 posts, read 13,983 times
I did not find out for my first two and we won't find out for the baby I'm carrying now.
I really wanted to know with my first just because I'm impatient and curious, but my husband wanted to wait. I am SO happy he insisted.. Once I convinced myself that the pregnancy would not end without me knowing the sex I was content. I also figured I would be the one in a million that would buy all one color and the ultrasound was incorrect!
Also with my second I was prepared for the opposite sex (which it was) because I had mostly neutral things! I don't know how people now can buy a gender specific basic like a baby carseat for their first! What if the ultrasound was wrong? I know that I don't have the money to start all over buying essentials for each child.
I have plenty of friends that find out at their ultrasound and I agree that they are just as excited then to find out the sex and all have had very special and exciting deliveries.
We all know that in the end a baby that is your own is the most precious no matter what the sex

Old 10-16-2010, 11:04 PM

707 posts, read 1,468,258 times
The new 3d ultrasounds you cant be mistaken, I cant wait to get mine done in two weeks even though its already been announced its a boy (Couldnt mistake it in the regular ultrasound)

Old 10-17-2010, 12:33 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,163,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reneeme View Post
It seems to me people either really want to know, or they really don't want to know.
Not me. I really didn't have strong feelings one way or another about finding out before delivery.

Old 10-17-2010, 01:05 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,951,552 times
Some may POOH POOH me but I have been predicting the baby genders for close to 60 yrs now. Have been wrong only three times that I'm aware of.

My dad taught what to look for in a womans physical appearance and the mistakes I made were corrected (learned by mistake) due to mixed race marriages that I was not aware of at the time of my prediction.

Just saw my neighbors DIL who is not always around... a few days ago and she is going to have another boy...have not spoken to the husband as I saw them both at the VA medical hospital for only a couple of mins.

A yr ago at the VA caffeteria saw that the mgr was expecting and asked if she had picked out a boys name yet...she smiled and never answered me. Couple of weeks ago approached her and mentioned my saying about the boys name and was I correct. Her answer was to the affirmative and showed me his picture/name. I'm still batting 97 %.

I could give out my formula so to speak but will hold myself back for now.

Steve

Old 11-14-2010, 11:41 AM

144 posts, read 307,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJsMOM83 View Post
Did you find out the sex of your little one(s) before they were born? Were the doctors correct? Incorrect?
My wife and I are trying for our first, and after watching my brother and SIL go the whole nine months without knowing about killed me!!

Cause nobody knew many of us had to buy unisex stuff for them.

I definitely want to know as soon as possible. My brother told me it was so cool to here the doctors say it right at the moment the baby comes out. But I want to know way ahead of time and dont care for suspense!!

My SIL is trying to talk my wife into not finding out when it happens but I told the wife I could never, never take it

Old 11-14-2010, 02:45 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,342,590 times
Whether you find out during the ultrasound or when the baby is born it is still a surprise. That's the way I look at it. I would have seriously gone completely insane if I did not find out the sex.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:21 PM

144 posts, read 307,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
Whether you find out during the ultrasound or when the baby is born it is still a surprise. That's the way I look at it. I would have seriously gone completely insane if I did not find out the sex.
I totally agree with that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy