Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2013, 07:11 PM

8 posts, read 12,426 times

Advertisements

Well I have a friend that's expecting a child and she wanted to get free baby stuff. So I ended up signing up for a baby site and spoke to a representatives a couple hours ago.

Boy, it was the most boring conversation I've ever had. I didn't know I was going to be asked more than 10 offers. The first 3 were the free baby stuff and then the others were things not related to the baby. Then the girl was reading me a club sales and even after telling her ''I don't have a credit card'', she tried to once more.

Then on another offer I said yes too (should have said no), I get asked how many people live in my household, their date of birth, what's my annual income and what is my education level. WTH... isn't this personal??? Is my information now gonna be sold out to other companies? Things I'm now questioning:

I didn't give out the my brother's nor parents' real DOB anyways. Then that girl was telling me about a car loan offer. What does this have to do with getting free baby products??

Why was there a hidden sales club trial script (I could tell the girl was only reading it) if they said free baby stuff??

And I'm I really gonna be the free stuff or I'm I just gonna be bombarded with junk e-mail and non stoppable phone calls?? Was this just a 15 mintues waste for me??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 07:15 PM

Never again will I sign up online for free stuff. If it's gonna take 15-20 minutes of my time going over a whole list of additional offers and then they trying to sell you something, it's not worth it.

But now my question is I'm I gonna get the free stuff I was promised or was this just a scam?

Old 02-28-2013, 09:45 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,260,240 times
Nothing is free. You pay with your money or with your time. I have no idea if you'll actually get anything. I never tried anything like that. You can sign up with formula companies and they'll send you coupons. That one seems legit.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:56 AM

16,489 posts, read 24,531,254 times
I agree, nothing is free. It wouldn't surprise me at all if you don't get this free stuff. I mean did you really expect to call a number and get all kinds of baby things for free and have to do nothing to get it?

Old 03-01-2013, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
I agree, nothing is free. It wouldn't surprise me at all if you don't get this free stuff. I mean did you really expect to call a number and get all kinds of baby things for free and have to do nothing to get it?
Actually when I signed up, it was me who agreed to get a call from them.
I thought it was gonna be something fast, just to verify my name, address and send over the freebies but not an ungoing long questionaire.

Guess I should have known nothing is really free, not even to help you out if you're pregnant. Unbelievable how they would even play with parents and/or relatives of the child.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:56 AM

2,382 posts, read 5,410,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneSwanson View Post
Actually when I signed up, it was me who agreed to get a call from them.
I thought it was gonna be something fast, just to verify my name, address and send over the freebies but not an ungoing long questionaire.

Guess I should have known nothing is really free, not even to help you out if you're pregnant. Unbelievable how they would even play with parents and/or relatives of the child.
Why should companies be under the obligation to provide free baby stuff to help your friend out?

Old 05-29-2013, 12:22 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,395,629 times
The only thing I got free with this pregnancy was formula after the birth of my babies. Because I had twins, they signed my up for free formula when I was in the hospital.

Otherwise, I would not bother with other offers, 99% of the time the "free" stuff is not worth it.

Old 05-29-2013, 01:32 PM

861 posts, read 2,723,930 times
I've gotten free diapers and lotions from Swagbucks, but I had to rate them and do surveys about them. It was legit, but I had to do *work* for them. (If you're interested in that type of thing, you can PM me and I'll give you my referral link.)

Old 06-12-2013, 11:49 PM

323 posts, read 563,540 times
you can get plenty of freebie items, not just for baby, from websites, but you just have to be careful. and what you don't pay for with money you will pay for with time.

i've gotten free diapers from twitter, free detergent and samples from websites, free formula from coupons, etc.

and yes swagbucks is a legit site that pays you for your time with swagbucks--which you then redeem into gift cards to purchase things. so yes, it's "free" in that you are not required to pay for anything with money.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:25 AM

861 posts, read 2,723,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyself View Post
you can get plenty of freebie items, not just for baby, from websites, but you just have to be careful. and what you don't pay for with money you will pay for with time.

i've gotten free diapers from twitter, free detergent and samples from websites, free formula from coupons, etc.

and yes swagbucks is a legit site that pays you for your time with swagbucks--which you then redeem into gift cards to purchase things. so yes, it's "free" in that you are not required to pay for anything with money.
You also can get the diapers / lotions for free by offering to review them, thats how I get mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy