Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2015, 09:41 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,574,361 times

Advertisements

I had my IPS ultra sound yesterday. I just started second trimester yesterday (exactly 13 weeks). During my first pregnancy, the baby was kicking up a storm. This time, the baby was not moving at all. Like the technician asked me to change positions several times before the end of 40 minutes. She did show me the heart beat though. She said the baby moved the hands.

Is something wrong? My results are being sent to the doctors office; the technician is not allowed to say anything itseems. I will get the results only Saturday and I am very worried now.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2015, 02:45 PM

2,144 posts, read 1,879,306 times
With the baby's heart beating and moving the hands, I wouldn't worry over much. Have you felt him or her move since the ultrasound?

Old 02-26-2015, 03:55 AM

3,155 posts, read 2,700,812 times
Sounds like a sleepy baby to me. Changed positions because baby was asleep and you need to rotate the mommy if baby is being lazy.

That's annoying they won't let the tech say anything to you. Wonderful way to stress mommy out. Our techs always told us what they saw with a caveat that the Dr had final word. Kept us much calmer than the alternative.

Old 02-26-2015, 10:11 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,574,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murk View Post
With the baby's heart beating and moving the hands, I wouldn't worry over much. Have you felt him or her move since the ultrasound?
Not really, I havent felt the movements yet for the baby. I am under the impression that its way too early for me to feel the movements. usually its starts in third trimster right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
Sounds like a sleepy baby to me. Changed positions because baby was asleep and you need to rotate the mommy if baby is being lazy.

That's annoying they won't let the tech say anything to you. Wonderful way to stress mommy out. Our techs always told us what they saw with a caveat that the Dr had final word. Kept us much calmer than the alternative.
I am hoping it was just sleeping or being lazy. One good thing is that, I have not received any phone call from my doctor yet. usually they call right away if something is wrong.

Old 02-27-2015, 01:32 AM

3,155 posts, read 2,700,812 times
[quote=Maila;38604215]Not really, I havent felt the movements yet for the baby. I am under the impression that its way too early for me to feel the movements. usually its starts in third trimster right?

Yes stop worrying. Lol, as if.

Worry about wall color or something that won't keep u up at night, instead, if u can.

Old 02-27-2015, 01:41 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maila View Post
Not really, I havent felt the movements yet for the baby. I am under the impression that its way too early for me to feel the movements. usually its starts in third trimster right?

I am hoping it was just sleeping or being lazy. One good thing is that, I have not received any phone call from my doctor yet. usually they call right away if something is wrong.
Can't imagine you'd feel any movement at 13 weeks. I was 18 weeks, and very slender, when I felt the lightest "butterfly" movements with my child. It was so light I wasn't even sure whether it was baby or not. No reason to worry about movement on the ultrasound as long as there is a heartbeat.

Old 04-30-2015, 03:01 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
You wouldn't feel anything that early. I'm at 18, and ONCE so far, I've felt something that might be movement, might be gas.

My ultrasounds thus far did show a lot of movement, but they don't always, necessarily.

Old 04-30-2015, 03:18 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,153,902 times
Unborn babies are very, very different just as pregnant women are very, very different.

I had two babies and basically never felt any type of movement from them. No kicking, no turning over, absolutely no movement at all that I could feel. My friends would tell me that their unborn babies would kick and keep them awake at night or they would have their husbands feel their stomachs to feel the babies kick. But, not my kids.

My doctor said that some fetuses are just quieter and that some women have more difficulty feeling the small movements inside them. And, sometimes, albeit rarely, those two are together and the future mom feels nothing that she identifies as the baby moving inside her. My first baby was a little early and a little small, but my second was full term and an average weight. Both were born completely healthy in every way.

I wanted to mention this so that other women do not panic if they do not feel all the movements that other women describe. Of course, if you have any questions or concerns or a decrease in movement discuss it with your doctor ASAP but I wanted to point out that not every unborn baby acts with a placekicker on a football team.

Old 04-30-2015, 09:56 PM

5,847 posts, read 6,186,733 times
As PP's have pointed out, it is still quite early in your pregnancy to feel any movement. I think I might have been close to 20 weeks before I was able to detect fetal movement with my first pregnancy. Maybe a little sooner with my second because I know what I was looking for, but still, not until about 18 weeks or so.

Once it starts though, fetal movement is one of those things that you do come to rely on and get very used to. If several hours or days go by and you don't detect it, you will worry about that as well. Lack of movement does not necessarily indicate anything is wrong.

Old 05-20-2015, 09:58 AM

14 posts, read 12,650 times
I wouldn't worry too much yet. I'm 24 weeks pregnant with my second, and he's not nearly as active as my first. I didn't even feel him move until 20 weeks. The nurses would ask if I felt him move and when I said no, they'd say "oh, well is it your first?" And when I said "no" they just said "oh, well I"m sure it's fine." On the ultrasounds he doesn't move much at all, but my daughter wouldn't stop flipping and kicking when we saw her on ultrasounds. I guess the placenta is in the front this time which absorbs a lot of his movement so I don't feel him move as much? Either way, if the heart is beating and your doctor isn't worried, you shouldn't worry. Easier said than done, but stress isn't good for pregnancy either so do your best to trust your doctor and relax
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy