Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 08:39 PM

6,624 posts, read 6,561,659 times

Advertisements

When you get to your destination where she lives, (or look online at the listings in her city) why not check out places that do baby photos and buy her a package deal to have professional photos taken in a studio or her home?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2015, 10:14 AM

299 posts, read 316,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Do you want something useful or something keepsake-y?

I have no idea, none of my friends had kids before and I know nothing about having babies.

Old 12-09-2015, 10:21 AM

299 posts, read 316,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName14289 View Post
I'd stay away from nursing products, unless you know her intentions on breastfeeding.

If you're looking for practical > baby swaddles. Nice, higher end muslin swaddles. Aden + Anais swaddles can be used as swaddles, stroller covers, shade covers from the car window, spit up wipes, etc. Then when you're done using them that way, they can be made into smaller lovies for transitioning off the binkie. The uses are endless, they're small and travel well.

Afterall, three things are sure in life with a baby: they need to eat (mom's milk?), sleep (previously mentioned swaddles), and poo (diapers, but they are too big to pack in luggage). Done. lol

A nice spa gift card for mom could be thoughtful too, so she can get a pedi before or after baby, just to unwind and relax (even for 30 mins).

Edited to Add: It's not a gift you can wrap, but the most thoughtful gift I received was food. lol I was on strict bedrest (and her having twins, she might be too) so I literally wasn't even allowed to make a sandwich when I was pregnant. After baby recovering from a c-section, severe post-surgery anemia, etc, I couldn't make a sandwich but was so starving from breastfeeding that I could have clawed my eyes out for an egg sandwich. lol My best friend flew out, bought groceries, cooked me a ton of meals, stocked up my freezer with sandwiches, soups, entrees, etc so all I had to was warm stuff up between trips to the bathroom (when I was pregnant) or between breastfeeding rounds (after baby). You could also have food sent to her home from a local restaurant if you're not into cooking. Seriously, the single best gift I received.

Here are the swaddles. If you get them, make sure they say "Aden + Anais" not "Aden by Aden + Anais". The second cost less but are smaller (so limits what you can do with them and how long a tall baby can use them) and not as soft.
https://www.adenandanais.com/vintage...hIkaAoPL8P8HAQ

I think that's what Im gonna do, get her a spa visit, hopefully I can find one designed for new mums or something, cant deal with these stupid baby presents, its giving me a freaking headache
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy