Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2020, 01:03 PM

3 posts, read 3,889 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I know that having a baby is a huge blessing and that I should be happy about it but well...

I'm looking for some comfort, some support, someone else in my case. I am very pregnant (7 months) and I can't take it anymore.

I'm tired of having pain everywhere. Eating all the time. Being told all the time that the worst is yet to come.

How do you do it? HELP!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2020, 05:22 PM

11,168 posts, read 8,005,696 times
I am about 5-1/2 months pregnant ..... with twins. I feel ya sister! Lol
Gas, constipation, indigestion, nausea, headache, back ache, boobs ache, swollen feet and ankles... insatiable hunger, emotions all over the map, zero energy, body morphing into a blob!, And .... I’ve gotten my 15 year old complexion back, complete with zits. Just to name a few things. Lol
How do you do it? You just do. Your options are pretty limited at this point. Funny thing is I’ll probably do it at least a couple more times. Hang in there! DM me if you would like to commiserate. Lol

Last edited by Sydney123; 05-26-2020 at 05:51 PM..

Old 05-27-2020, 02:34 AM

I feel less lonely right away. Twins? Once upon a time, I wanted some too. That was a long time ago. Boy? Girl? Both?
I bet your belly must be bigger than mine

Aren't there any tricks to at least ease the pain, like gadgets? meditation? but something that works LOL

Meet you in DM (if I can find it, I don't know much about forums)

Old 07-02-2020, 09:18 PM

Is there anyone in the area who can share their experience of a successful maternity/pregnancy?

I'm almost at the end and I can't wait

Old 08-06-2020, 01:06 AM

1 posts, read 1,140 times
hey there,

I'm the mother of a little girl who's almost 1. It's not easy every day, but at every difficult moment, I keep telling myself that it's temporary

you probably gave birth since your last message so I congratulate you already.
As a young parent, it's sometimes difficult to know how to make the right choices, with all the information you can find on the net.
Personally, I'm pretty much counting on mom's instagram advocating for a caring and respectful education (in French, as bébémangeseul for DME, les lunettes de maja to change your vision of education, etc.).
and when I feel like buying something (a car seat or cloth diapers), I rather go on comparators telling myself that they are more objective than parents on such and such a brand, and generally I go on https://meilleurtest.fr).

There you go, you can write to me privately if you want

Old 08-11-2020, 03:08 PM

516 posts, read 454,514 times
It's comforting to see other women talk about this. I'm only 11 weeks and I already hate it. The nausea, vertigo, no energy, constipation and shortness of breath. It is so hard to wear a mask when I go out because I can't breathe! People say how wonderful pregnancy is, but I have not found it yet!

Old 08-11-2020, 03:21 PM

11,168 posts, read 8,005,696 times
I had my twins on July 14th.. I am glad that that’s over with! They were born at about 32-1/2 weeks and had to stay in the hospital for about 3 weeks... they’re home and healthy now.
Quite the ordeal!

Old 08-14-2020, 05:03 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,911,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NTXPerson View Post
It's comforting to see other women talk about this. I'm only 11 weeks and I already hate it. The nausea, vertigo, no energy, constipation and shortness of breath. It is so hard to wear a mask when I go out because I can't breathe! People say how wonderful pregnancy is, but I have not found it yet!
It's been a long time since I was pregnant--my kid is almost 21--but it's not all roses like people tell you, ha ha.

It is different for every woman but the first 4 months were the worst for me. My boobs hurt so bad I thought they were going to burst and certain smells would make me start heaving because my normal sensitive sense of smell rivaled that of a bloodhound's when I was pregnant. I also had the tiredness and that wonderful thing nobody tells you about--constipation.

Things got better for me around month 5. I actually got a lot of energy, ate constantly, and I guess learned to live with the sore boobs.

The last 3 weeks of it were a bit hard since I was just so big and my feet hurt, lol. That and having my daughter sitting on my bladder; it was a pain having to pee every 20 minutes. Especially when you are huge, pregnant and tired of being pregnant at that point.

I found what helped me with the tiredness was going for walks; it also helped with the constipation.

And don't worry that you don't find it wonderful. Everyone has their own experience and don't let the super mommies shame you.

Old 08-14-2020, 05:24 PM

3,030 posts, read 2,257,304 times
I've had 3. Two pregnancies were relatively easy with the regular complaints: nausea, sciatica, sensitivity to smells, prepartum anxiety/depression, etc. But my second pregnancy was brutal. I was so sick and vomited so much that I gained only 12 lbs and actually weighed LESS 2 hours after the birth than I did when I got pregnant.

Maybe try some stretching and/or prenatal yoga? I also highly recommend spinningbabies.com... super helpful for finding comfort via good baby positioning. I swear I spent weeks on hands and knees to relieve some of the pressure!!

Old 08-15-2020, 05:28 PM

2,610 posts, read 2,206,343 times
I felt great, well good until the last month. Then it felt like my skin was going to tear on my stomach it was so stretched out and thin. Some people just can handle it better physically. My son owes me a tummy tuck.

Then there were the same occasional freak outs that there was an actual human inside of me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy