Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 10:00 AM

831 posts, read 2,440,356 times

Advertisements

I just finished watching a video of the grandmother of all these children. She is living in a 3 bedroom home that was a total reck. Her selfish daughter has not given her a cent. Do you think that Protective Services will step in and take these children away?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 10:14 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,276,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmccauley View Post
Do you think that Protective Services will step in and take these children away?
I think anyone who would voluntarily have that many children at the same time should have their head examined. I have three....separately.....and sometimes I go off the deep end.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:19 AM

431 posts, read 1,642,591 times
as bad as it sound i really do believe that cps should step in because I don't know how she is really going to be able to take care of them when she was just scrapping by but she could get invitro. that is robbing peter to pay paul. the kids in the long run would be better off. and if the kids did go up for adoption i would love to adopt a couple of them. it isn't like i haven't already been though the process.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:19 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,483,758 times
There's very little they CAN do. As long as the kids are not physically or sexually abused and have basic needs like food, shelter, medical care met (regardless of how she meets those needs and regardless of how many kids are in each room, etc.), there's really nothing they can do sadly.

If she was committed to a psych hospital or was sent to prison for disability fraud, it would be a different story.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:21 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,541,339 times
Ps has to have a reason that would be based on the saftey of the children. As a former foster parent you would be surprised how many times you think that there is a case when there isn;t enough to do anything. As long as she isn't harming then and they are getting medical and go to school and all that. They aren't going to take a child because a home is too small. They don't remove children if a family is in a homeless shelter. KIds I had were removed because of drugs, unsafe home or home that was very dirty, or due to abuse or that the parents didn't see through a medical issue.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:29 AM

3,089 posts, read 8,515,165 times
its a tough situation not a lot of people adopt so these kids will be stuck in an orphanage for the until they turn 18

Old 02-09-2009, 10:35 AM

1,492 posts, read 7,719,443 times
Sadly, no. I don't think they should.

Our country harbors bad parents. The justice system does not MAKE non-custodial parents provide genuine care for the kids on the visitations. (just an example)

So a lady has her latest children receiving care at a hospital....no neglect there.

BUT- they are aware every eye in America is watching them-so is Fox news......they should act quickly on ANY complaint the receive.

The mom is bound to mess up...there is just no way to provide adequate housing/food, etc for that many children. When she takes them home from the hospital social services should arrive within the hour to make the assesment and deem the home unfit.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:54 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,521,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGrace View Post

The mom is bound to mess up...there is just no way to provide adequate housing/food, etc for that many children. When she takes them home from the hospital social services should arrive within the hour to make the assesment and deem the home unfit.
And then where do 8 premature babies go & the autistic child & the 5 others? The system can't handle it.

And the outcry of the people of the State of CA b/c all of CPS time is spent with this family when it already has a broken system & not enough field workers to cover cases or places to safely place children....

And is CPS just allowed to show up at one's home without merit? I'm not sure how CPS works, hence the question.

It's heartbreaking.

Old 02-09-2009, 11:02 AM

431 posts, read 1,642,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
its a tough situation not a lot of people adopt so these kids will be stuck in an orphanage for the until they turn 18
the sad thing is you are absolutly correct. if the kids are over 3 it is harder to place them. like i said in previous posts my DH was 3 1/2 and no one wanted her because she was to old. now that my kids are older i do like the independence and don't think i could do diapers again. so the next time i adopt they will be older. sorry got off topic.

she can not avoid the inevitable and will need to face the music if and when she is investigated for her disability. if you can have all those kids after you recieve a back injury then I think that you should be able to find some kind of work.

Old 02-09-2009, 11:13 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,483,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali&ajsmom View Post
the sad thing is you are absolutly correct. if the kids are over 3 it is harder to place them. like i said in previous posts my DH was 3 1/2 and no one wanted her because she was to old. now that my kids are older i do like the independence and don't think i could do diapers again. so the next time i adopt they will be older. sorry got off topic.

she can not avoid the inevitable and will need to face the music if and when she is investigated for her disability. if you can have all those kids after you recieve a back injury then I think that you should be able to find some kind of work.
Yes but can you imagine the child care costs? It might not even be worth the paycheck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy